Akira Yasuda (安田 朗, Yasuda Akira) (born July 21, 1964) is a Japanese illustrator, animator, character designer, game designer and mecha designer, who works under the pen name Akiman. He worked for Capcom from 1985 until 2003 and is currently a freelancer.
Works for Capcom
- 1942 - (NES box art)
- Side Arms Hyper Dyne - (original artwork)
- Forgotten Worlds - (game designer)
- Final Fight - (planner)
- Street Fighter II - (planner, illustration)
- Captain Commando (planner)
- Magic Sword
- Adventure Quiz: Capcom World
- Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
- Darkstalkers 3 (character designer)
- X-Men: Children of the Atom
- Red Earth (original artwork)
- Street Fighter Alpha 2
- Street Fighter Alpha 3 - (character designer)
- X-Men vs. Street Fighter (character designer)
- Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter (original artwork)
- Street Fighter III (original artwork)
- Street Fighter III 3rd Strike - (character design)
- Final Fight Revenge
- Tech Romancer (design supervisor)
- Star Gladiator (character designer)
- Plasma Sword (character designer)
- Power Stone (character designer)
- Power Stone 2
- Street Fighter: The Animated Series (original concept and designs)
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U (promotional guest art; Ryu's poster design)
- He idolizes the works of Yoshikazu Yasuhiko, Frank Frazetta, and N. C. Wyeth.
- He is commonly believed to be the reason Chun-Li has so many more outfits in Street Fighter V than any other character, as there have even been updates to the game to add some of his outfits for her right after new ones have been recently released.
- He always believed that Chun-Li has a partner, and says she will be dating and thinking about getting married one day. He recalls drawing Chun-Li going on a date in her Super Street Fighter II ending. The last costume he made for Chun-Li in Street Fighter V was her in a wedding dress.
- His favourite mangas are Slam Dunk, Fist of the North Star and Karate Baka Ichidai.
- His favourite manga artist is Yukinobu Hoshino.
- The first manga series he’s ever read was Sanpei Shirato’s Sasuke, which was given to him by his father’s uncle. The second manga series he read was Osamu Tezuka’s Astro Boy (known as Mighty Atom in Japan).
- "I mean what could ever top seeing her in a wedding dress?... She could be wearing it for an undercover investigation, or of course she could have someone...."
Akiman: "I'm the type of person who's always thought Chun-Li has someone. I even drew her on a date. In that old SFII ending."
from "Street Fighter Memorial Archive Beyond the World," page 106-107.
- Chun-Li costumes