- "If I go too far... Please forgive me! (?)
Get out of my way... or get hurt! (?)"
- —Akira (Street Fighter V)
Akira has medium-length dark brown hair (it is a lighter shade in Street Fighter V) with a half fringe on the left side and a single fringe in the center of her head and brown eyes. In the original game (and as Powered Akira in Project Justice), she wears a black biker jacket (wearing a camouflage/olive green tank top in it) with spikes and a skull emblem on both spikes, black rider pants with gray metal designs and red kneepads. She wears a black belt on her waist with a black chain at the left side and black with gray metal rider boots. She wears black rider gloves with red metal designs and a black biker helmet with a skull in the center of her helmet. Her powered form became her first alternate costume in Street Fighter V. In actual battles and in Arcade Mode, Akira would remove her black biker helmet.
In the School Life Mode of Nekketsu Seisyun Nikki 2, her game portrait and appearance has her wearing an orange and blue short sleeve shirt and a white jumpsuit with the long sleeves are tied on her waist and black shoes where she works as a bike mechanic. She is sometimes usually seen in her black biker outfit but with or without a helmet. She also wears various outfits during the school term and in addition, wore two swimsuits during both Swimming Day and the Beach Overnight. Her first swimsuit is a dark blue strapless bikini and the other swimsuit is her light blue short sleeved openly hoodie with light violet stripes in each sleeve and a dark blue one-piece suit underneath her jacket.
In Project Justice and for her playable debut in Street Fighter V, her original outfit had her black biker jacket tied on her waist. Aside from her original outfit, she wears the Seijyun Girls' school uniform which consist of a dark blue vest with a short sleeved sailor collar with a red laced ribbon on the collar, a dark blue skirt, navy blue socks and black dress shoes. Her white sailor collar has cross black linings on each side. Her Seijyun Girls' school uniform became her second alternate costume in Street Fighter V only her vest and skirt are black. She also has black bloomers beneath her skirt when it was pleated during fights.
Her summer costume is a combination between her two swimsuits in School Life Mode during both Swimming Day and the Beach Overnight, Akira's strapless bikini is now purple with white outlines and her short sleeved openly hoodie is now white. She can also fight without her short sleeved hoodie. Her extra swimsuit seen in her character story has her wearing a green swim top with a lime green heart designs and a matching bikini.
Her nostalgia costume is her maid outfit during the School Fair Day in School Life Mode and sometimes Akira would tie her medium-length hair into a single bun covered by a white bao to show off her fringes on her hair while wearing the outfit.
Her tracksuit costume is that of her sports attire consist of a white sleeveless top with red and blue outlines which exposes her midriff, blue trousers with a white drawstring and white sneakers. She also equipped with red fingerless gloves.
Akira is a silent girl who rarely speaks out her thoughts. She may be tough and commanding while wearing her biker outfit, but is a docile and gentle person without it. The outfit was originally intended to hide her true gender prior to enrolling in Gedo High.
Her personality was initially demonstrated in the School Life Mode of Nekketsu Seisyun Nikki 2, in which she was trying to keep her true gender as a secret, which causes Akira to be personally embarrassed upon revealing it to the player. Throughout the school term, Akira also shows her shy side to the player, especially during the Swimming Day, where it's revealed that she doesn't like to swim due to being aquaphobic. She can also be quite very happy and optimistic to help other characters out as well, such as Hinata and Boman during the School Fair Day.
As of Project Justice, she was transferred to the all-girls Seijyun High, leaving her without any friends, until she found one in Yurika, and later on, Zaki. Though Yurika was later revealed to have been an accomplice to the recent tension between the schools and even the brainwashing of Daigo, Akira was willing to forgive her after she showed regret for what she had done and considers her a good friend.
Akira values friendship, and is shown to make friends rather quickly. She befriended Sakura during her mission to find Daigo and later befriended Ibuki and Karin Kanzuki after the latter organized a tea party for the four of them. In her Street Fighter V win quotes, Akira holds her friends in high regard and wishes to make more. She has a strong sense of justice and honor, and shows distaste for villains, and even those that are simply overconfident.
Akira reveres her brother Daigo and is greatly concerned for his safety, asking Rose if she can let her know if he starts running off. Being the only family she has, Akira will do anything to make sure he is alright, going so far as to disguise herself as a boy to attend Gedo High to discover his whereabouts. Many characters note the strength of their bond, with Ryu and Dhalsim finding their power intriguing while Zangief and Laura see them as a tag team.
Akira's name, appearance and fighting style, were most likely inspired by the 1988 manga Kenji. The titular protagonist Kenji uses bajiquan and his girlfriend, Akira Kazama, rides a motorcycle and is a member of a gang.
Akira Kazama and her older brother Daigo are orphans. They previously lived together in Daigo's own home before Akira moved to the Seijyun dorms. Their parents were friends with a man who owns a garage, who would then go on to both teach Akira about repairing motorcycles and employ her as well.
Prior to her initial appearance, she appears at the last part of her older brother, Daigo's ending (Daigo's storyline in the game takes place before the events of Rival Schools: United by Fate), in which Akira herself decides to pose as a boy in order to enter Gedo High so that she can find out on what had happened to Daigo after he had unexpectedly disappeared from within his own personal mission of solving the school kidnappings.
Her initial appearance in Rival Schools: United by Fate is under a motorcycle helmet and being dressed in biker gear while posing as both a boy and as Daigo's younger brother. She befriends two of Daigo's subordinates, Edge and Gan, who eventually became suspicious of her actions, which forces Akira to fight against the two of them in a handicap match, with both Edge and Gan testing her fighting skills in order to truly see if she is indeed their boss' younger brother. After defeating the Pacific High students (Roy, Tiffany, and Boman) who were captured and brainwashed by Hideo and Kyoko, the trio decides to pursue the latter two, only to be stopped and informed by both Natsu and Roberto that both Hideo and Kyoko, along with Roy, Tiffany, and Boman were brainwashed by Justice High School. With this new profound knowledge, Akira now realizes that her older brother may have been brainwashed as well following his sudden disappearance.
After Hyo's defeat, the Gedo High trio eventually rescue Daigo as Akira emotionally reunites with her older brother while speaking out in a feminine voice towards him, in which both Edge and Gan are initially confused by their boss' word about "a lady like yourself" to Akira. From there, Akira finally shows her true gender to them by removing her black biker helmet and apologizes to both Eiji and Gan for her past deception towards them while also telling them that she was not Daigo's younger brother, but rather, his younger sister, much to their own shocking surprise. Despite this, both Edge and Gan eventually accepts Akira as their new friend, telling her that the three of them had fought together during their adventure to rescue Daigo and that she's now one of them, much to Akira's own dismay as she personally wants to go back to school as a regular student.
In the Seijyun High storyline of Project Justice, Akira, who has been transferred to the girls-only Seijyun High, is the central character, with the player themself following her on her personal quest to find out on what had happened to Daigo, who had suddenly and unexpectedly changed after returning from his personal training journey. She manages to befriend Yurika and later on Zaki, with the latter only agreeing to join the duo if they could defeat her in a test of strength.
After hearing and learning of Daigo's sudden change of personality, the trio decides to investigate the situation while also investigating the new wave of attacks on the local schools themselves. Upon meeting Batsu on the way, Akira is attacked by him (unaware at the time that it was actually Kurow in disguise). Akira and her friends then later on fight the real Batsu whom she mistakes as the real culprit. By the time of this, both Gedo High and Seijyun High are on the verge of having a school gang war against each other.
Akira and Zaki are soon confronted by a brainwashed Daigo and that Akira herself tries to snap him out of it, only to be stopped by both Edge and Gan, who tells her that they need to fight against him by force in order to help free Daigo from his brainwashed state. While the battle takes place, Zaki hears an unexpected whistle noise and soon realizes that Yurika (who was secretly working with both her younger brother Kurow and Momo from within the Darkside Student Congress) was playing Kurow's flute in order to control Daigo from within his brainwashed state.
- If the player plays as Akira, along with Edge and Zaki, they defeat the brainwashed Daigo and free him. Kurow then exposes his sister Yurika who is also part of the Darkside Student Congress at the mountain area. Yurika, however, remains unwilling to aid her classmates and not guilty for siding on Kurow's mission. She was seen cradling her injured brother's arms after he was defeated. This scene would not unlock Akira's powered form.
The group had soon went after Daigo in the mountain area near Justice High and that they were led there by Yurika herself, who had a change of heart and wanted to help Akira and the others out, causing Kurow to brand his older sister as a traitor to their mission. Kurow plans to brainwash Yurika as punishment, only to be repelled by Zaki who uses her chains to get his flute. Akira states that she can not forgive Kurow for ruining his family relationship with his older sister and faces the brainwashed Daigo one final time while also vowing to stop Kurow from carrying out his evil plan. After both Kurow and the brainwashed Daigo was defeated, Akira tries to wake Daigo up from his unconscious state, but is unable to do so as Yurika tells Akira that Daigo needs to rest for a while so that he can fully recover from his brainwashing. Edge gives Akira her black biker helmet and attire as a part of their school's behalf while Gan also helps out in carrying the unconscious Daigo to safety as well.
After the incident, Yurika had left Seijyun High out of personal guilt for having to take part in Kurow's evil plan, but she decides to return to the school a while later, where she is warmly welcomed back by both Akira and Zaki, with Akira herself happily reuniting with her. At some point after this, Daigo, who recovers from his brainwashing and realizes that he needs to improve himself both physically and mentally in order to make sure and see to it that something like this doesn't happen again in the future, leaves Edge and Gan in charge of watching over Gedo High until he returns while also giving his school jacket to Akira, saying his good-byes to them as he leaves to train once more from within another personal training journey.
In August 2020, Akira was announced as becoming the first Rival Schools character to be playable in the Street Fighter series, appearing in the fifth season of DLC fighters in Street Fighter V with a prospective Summer 2021 release date. According to the director of Street Fighter V, Takayuki Nakayama, Akira is acquainted with Sakura Kasugano (who appeared as a guest fighter in the original Rival Schools game), similar to how Sakura herself is acquainted with Hinata and Natsu.
Prologue: Girl Power!
Act 1: Vs Ibuki
Akira visits the Kanzuki Zaibatsu with her motorbike and was encountered by Ibuki who mistook her as a boy and a stranger. Normally this wouldn't be an issue but as the estate was going to be invited girls only for a tea party which included Ibuki herself (and Akira without her knowing) this lead to Ibuki battling Akira thinking Akira was trying to get in without permission, though neither side showed hostility above the fight towards each other even when meeting.
Act 2: Vs Sakura
Akira defeats Ibuki in a fight and Sakura arrives to clear up their misunderstanding. Sakura removes Akira's biker helmet to show it to Ibuki while she introduces her and both of them apologizes for the confusion. Ibuki finally introduced herself to Akira and asking Sakura in how she and Akira met each other. Akira explains to her in how she and Sakura have met. It is revealed during the time of both Rival Schools series and the Street Fighter Alpha series that Akira had encountered Sakura during her mission to find her older brother Daigo while she sided with Edge and Gan and because Sakura is a powerful street fighter, Akira wanted to test her strength and abilities to her. After explaining, Sakura wanted to fight Akira in a sparring match and it is revealed that they are invited in Karin's tea party at her Zaibatsu so that she will reunite with Akira because of the passage of time.
Act 3: Vs Karin
Karin arrives and she recognizes Akira being the sister of Daigo Kazama, the legendary gang leader and allowing them to enter the Zaibatsu for the tea party. The girls enjoy eating desserts while Akira displays her liking of confectionary. Karin decided to challenge Akira into a match which she respectfully accepts as the condition where they are invited to join the beach party at the Kanzuki private beach. After Akira defeats Karin, the girls finally enjoys themselves at the private beach during the beach party that Karin had made. Sakura also noticed that Akira had overcame her aquaphobia which Akira reveals that someone had taught her how to swim properly as Ibuki mistook her being her boyfriend who taught her. Sakura finally asking her what she can do next which Karin had decided to challenge Akira again into a match which Akira reluctantly accepts due to the moral support of both Sakura and Ibuki.
Akira fights using Bajiquan, known as Hakkyokuken in Japanese, a Chinese martial art style identifiable by its trademark elbow attacks, palm rushes and shoulder smashes.
Rival Schools moveset
Most of Akira's fighting techniques are based on different fighting styles, notably Taikyoku-ken (Tai-chi-chuan). Her blue projectile when utilizing her Burning Vigor, Energy Focus Cluster has a skull emblem even in mid-air. In Project Justice her projectile is now purple to match her older brother Daigo's projectiles and the skull emblem can be seen when she is about to execute the Burning Vigor even in her Powered form. Akira's two of her burning vigors of both Heaven's Barrage and Destructive Barrage can also be executed while in her Fractured Heaven Stance and it does not charge up during execution.
Common to both versions of Akira:
- Cyclone Dance (Japanese: 旋蹴舞 Senshuubu) - Spinning kick attack that can be done up to three times. Depending on the kick button pressed in the button combination, the kick can be a flying kick or a sweeping kick. Both versions can be used subsequently. Also used by her Powered version. In Street Fighter V, her leaping side kick is now replaced by a roundhouse kick and can combo into three hits during EX mode.
- Releasing Dance (Japanese: 放舞 Houbu) - Launches the opponent into the air. The player can follow with an Air Combo afterwards. Also used by her Powered version. In Street Fighter V, it becomes her second V-Skill named Tsutenda.
As Normal Akira
- Elbow Gate (Japanese: 骸裡門 Gairimon) - Akira charges forward and knocks the opponent into the air. It, however, cannot be chained into an Air Combo, as the opponent can recover immediately after the attack.
- Leaping Smash (Japanese: 風撃襲 Fuugekishuu) - Akira does a forward flip in the air. If a kick button is pressed while doing this move, a knockdown kick follows.
- Fractured Heaven Combo (Japanese: 破天連撃 Haten Rengeki) - See references below for more details.
As Powered Akira
- Fractured Heaven Stance (Japanese: 破天の構 Haten no Kamae) - Akira stands on one leg. This is not really an attack; rather, this is used to initiate any of the following combos: Dragon Fang Slash (龍牙裂斬 Ryuuge Retsuzan), Spinning Swallow Storm Dance (旋燕嵐舞 Sen'en Ranbu), Nirvana Charge (羅漢進撃 Rakan Shingeki), and Phoenix Wing Sky Kick (鳳翼天蹴 Houyoku Tenshuu). See references below for more details.
- Reverse Inside Gate (Japanese: 裏裡門 Urarimon) - Akira does an elbow thrust with knockback effect.
- Sparrowhawk Chick's Shoulder Plant (鷂子栽肩 Youshi Saiken) - A two-hit shoulder/headbutt strike that deals massive damage.
Burning Vigor Attacks
Common to both versions of Akira:
- Energy Focus Cluster (Japanese: 気功塊 Kikou Kai) - Akira unleashes a large sphere of energy from her hands. Also used by her Powered version, however, the latter deals massive damage in only one hit in the form of a powerful energy ray. The latter version is sometimes referred to as the Hyper Energy Focus Cluster (Japanese: 剛気功塊 Gou Kikou Kai). Both versions can also be used in mid-air. Different from Daigo's. In Street Fighter V, her Energy Focus Cluster is now her special attack and can utilize in both ground and mid-air. Her Hyper Energy Focus Cluster can be executed during activation of her first V-Skill Kiko Rensei during air combos.
- Heaven's Barrage (Japanese: 天の連舞 Ten no Renbu) - Akira does a backflip kick, launching the opponent high into the air. She then immediately jumps to follow suit, then unleashes a barrage of kicks in mid-air. The last two punches knock the opponent down to the ground. Also used by her Powered version. In Project Justice, the last two punches are replaced with a single kick and a Leaping Smash while using this ability. In Street Fighter V, this Burning Vigor is now part of her second V-Trigger, Haten no Kamae.
As Normal Akira
- Destructive Barrage (Japanese: 破の連舞 Ha no Renbu) - Akira executes a series of kicks and two blows. The last straight kick knocks the opponent into a random obstacle in the field, scoring a bonus hit dealing six hits. In Street Fighter V, this Burning Vigor is now part of her second V-Trigger, Haten no Kamae and her kicks are shown to be higher during execution and her last straight kick is now depicted being a high right roundhouse kick.
- Destructive Heaven's Stealth Kick (Japanese: 破天無影蹴 Haten Mueishuu) - Akira launches herself leg-first towards the opponent. It hits multiple times, and knocks the opponent into a random obstacle in the field, scoring a bonus hit. Range is short, and has bad recovery delay.
As Powered Akira
- Destructive Pair Attack (Japanese: 破の双撃 Ha no Sougeki) - A combo attack similar to Destructive Barrage. Akira executes a series of kung-fu based moves as the last blow deals massive damage dealing five hits. Unlike the Destructive Barrage, however, this only knocks the opponent backwards (without any random obstacle in the field). In Street Fighter V, this Burning Vigor is now part of her second V-Trigger, Haten no Kamae as it is now a series of palm strikes and elbowing as she knocks her opponent with a heavy blow. The move also deals four hits.
- Combination Barrage (連撃連武 Rengeki Renbu) - Powered Akira's Team-Up technique. The active character grabs the opponent, and both characters deliver a series of kung-fu-based blows to the opponent. This can be initiated up to a range of two steps from the opponent.
- Synchronized Kick Chain (協奏連撃蹴 Kyousou Rengekishuu) - Team-Up assist by the normal Akira. The active character will uppercut to the opponent in mid-air as Akira appears to join the fray, both do a reverse backflip and unleashes a punch and a kick towards the landing opponent and they jump and go for a flying kick to slide the opponent's head dealing 6 hits before Akira leaves the active character in a reverse backflip. In Project Justice, this team up assist has a drastic change. Akira and the active character take turns in delivering backflip kicks to the opponent before Akira finishes with a brief Energy Focus Cluster.
- The normal Akira does the Divine Woman's Hammer, Seijyun High's Party-Up technique; while her Powered version does Gedo High's Gedo Top.
Street Fighter moveset
Akira retains all of her moves from the Rival Schools series but with a new fighting stance and additional moves. Her moveset can be considered a mix of her "default" and "powered" gameplay. Her basic attacks including Elbow Gate are now slower to execute, her Cyclone Dance is no longer a leaping side kick and it was replaced by a roundhouse kick and the Leaping Smash is more of a heel drop to knock airborne opponents into the ground. The Energy Focus Cluster Burning Vigor is now a special attack that can be done on the ground and in the air. One of her new moves, Hotenshu is similar to Blair Dame's Lightning Knee in Fighting EX Layer. Her moves are now in Japanese terms as her Reverse Inside Gate becomes Urarimon, her Elbow Gate becomes Gairimon, her Energy Focus Cluster becomes Kiko Kai, her Fracture Heaven Stance is now Haten no Kamae, her Cyclone Dance became known as Senshubu and her Burning Vigors, Heaven's Barrage, Destructive Barrage and Destructive Pair Attack become Te no Renbu, Ha no Renbu and Ha no Sougeki respectively due to her activation of her second V-Trigger.
Akira's V-Reversal pays homage to the Tardy Counter system, using a similar glass-breaking effect.
Her first V-Skill is the Kiko Rensei which enhances her Kiko Kai, powering it up to its Burning Vigor status and greatly increasing its damage and combo potential. Her second V-Skill is the Tsutenda in which Akira launches an opponent in the air and follows up for an air combo. Much like her home series, she can either perform the attack raw for a lengthy combo, or cancel into it for a shorter launch. Her V-Shift is the Gairimon where Akira charges herself to counter her opponent's attack with a powerful elbow.
Akira's first V-Trigger is Otoko no Senaka, where she summons Daigo in a similar fashion to R. Mika's C'mon, Nadeshiko. Daigo executes both his Earth Stab to crumple the opponent followed by his Burning Vigor, Super Phoenix Fire to knock them away. Akira can continue the offense while Daigo executes the attack even if she herself gets hit, creating a massive wall of pressure for the opponent to deal with and her second V-Trigger is Haten no Kamae, letting her execute three Burning Vigors such as Destructive Pair Attack, Heaven's Barrage and Destructive Barrage as a chain combo. Akira also gains a new move called Kaihosho which charges forward or executing her target combo Renkan Ko.
Her Critical Art is the Kyoso Kiko Kai which is similar to R. Mika's Peach Assault and a homage to Daigo's Burning Vigor, Phoenix Fury. Akira lands a palm strike and a punch to make them stunned as she and Daigo cracking their knuckles and damages the opponent with a barrage of punches and a single straight kick, finishing off with a combined Kikou Kai from both siblings. If her opponents are in critical, Akira would only knock them down with one powerful palm strike.
Akira specializes in a close range, highly aggressive playstyle, with various mid range options. She has optimal combo routes that vary depending on whether or not her opponent is hit crouching or standing, as well as attacks that force the opponent to crouch. Recognizing which state the opponent is in is vital for optimal play, though she also has universal options that offer less reward in exchange for their consistency. Akira's short range on her normal attacks and projectile make her susceptible to being outpoked in neutral, though her fast walkspeed lets her quickly gain ground. Proper utilization of her various tools and V-Skills lets Akira overwhelm her opponent with high damage combos and frametraps, which are further amplified by her versatile V-Triggers.
Both Akira and Batsu appeared in Street Fighter Online: Mouse Generation. While the game can arguably be considered a Street Fighter game, it is actually a crossover game and not a official title within the series.
Akira, along with Batsu, was slated to appear in the cancelled Capcom Fighting All-Stars.
- The following details of Akira's other life are as described, aside the ones which described in above.
- She is in Gedo High School the first year, and later Seijyun High School the second year. As of V due to the passage of time, she was either in third year or fourth year in Seijyun High School as seen from her arcade ending or in the manga.
- Her strong subjects are Japanese, social studies and English.
- Her weak subjects are Physical Education and Music (the reason is secret).
- She is not a member in any clubs and she has no part-time job, as it is prohibited by school (however, she previously worked as a motorbike mechanic).
- Akira prefers racing bikes, because the engines deteriorate more slowly.
- She usually prepares meals for Daigo.
- Akira loves cats, but is unfortunately unable to keep one because she lives in an apartment.
- Akira was not a good swimmer before and had aquaphobia (fear of water) but after being taught by Nagare she got good at it. This was also referenced in her character story in Street Fighter V.
- Akira is the first Rival Schools character to make a canonical playable appearance in a Street Fighter game.
- Street Fighter V is not the first time, however, of an instance of a character from Rival Schools appearing alongside Street Fighter characters in a fighting game. Kyosuke and Batsu were playable in Capcom vs. SNK 2 and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom respectively. Akira and Batsu were both slated to be in the cancelled Capcom Fighting All-Stars, and they are both playable in Street Fighter Online: Mouse Generation.
- Akira is also the first DLC fighter in Street Fighter V, and overall the first fighter in the mainline Street Fighter games, who originates from a different Capcom franchise (within the shared universe) that is not the Final Fight series.
- Akira is the lightest playable character in Street Fighter V, weighing at 99 lbs. (45kg).
- Her official epithet with her helmet on is "Kung-Fu Rider". With the helmet off, it's "Sole Rider".
- Akira shares her first name and fighting style with Akira Yuki from the Virtua Fighter series.
- Akira also shares her first name with her Japanese Street Fighter V voice actress, Akira Sekine.
- Akira shares this distinction with Makoto, who shares her current Japanese voice actress, Makoto Tsumura.
- Akira is the first Rival Schools series character to not be voiced by their original voice actor from the original Rival Schools duology (Prior to Street Fighter V, Akira was voiced by Chiharu Tezuka, but in V, she is now voiced by Akira Sekine).
- In the School Life Mode of Nekketsu Seisyun Nikki 2, if the player chooses the wrong answer after Akira secretly shows them her true gender, she would literally get embarrassed which results in decreasing one of the player's stats.
- As of Project Justice, she is one of two Rival Schools characters to represent two different schools, as evident in the Party-Up techniques she uses. The other one is Kurow.
- In addition to this, Akira is also the only character of the series who had attended two different schools from within both games (Gedo High in United by Fate and Seijyun High in Project Justice).
- Her Kyousou Rengekishuu attack is taken from Episode 9 of the anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion, in which the Evangelion Units 01 and 02 synchronize their attacks doing the exact same pattern of Akira's own attacks.
- As of her debut in Street Fighter V, Akira and her brother Daigo are the only Rival Schools characters to have English voice actors.
- Akira's motorbike is branded "Kanzuki", a play of the motorcycle brand Suzuki and the Kanzuki Zaibatsu, with the design being based on the Suzuki Hayabusa.
- Akira's character story has a unique textbox design based on the School Life Mode of Nekketsu Seisyun Nikki 2, being the only caracter with this distinction.
- Akira is the 3rd character to have 2 different quotes for her battle intro, the 1st being G and the 2nd being Kage. Unlike the former, whose change is randomic, and the latter, whose change is character specific, Akira's 2nd intro battle quote is said on her Biker (Story) alternate costume.
- Despite Rival School games events taking place before Street Fighter Alpha 2 (United by Fate) and Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Project Justice), Akira did not appear in Street Fighter Alpha section of Arcade Mode. Her case is similar how Kage (Evil Ryu’s standing-in) is not in Street Fighter II section of Arcade Mode, despite his pre-sentient counterpart appeared in Ultra update.
- In her Street Fighter V intro, Akira brings her motorcycle to a stop by skidding on its tires, referencing the famous "Akira slide" from the 1988 film Akira.
- Akira's moves in Street Fighter Online: Mouse Generation
- Akira's moves in Street Fighter V: Champion Edition
- Akira's profile for Rival Schools: United by Fate.
- Street Fighter V: Champion Edition - Akira Kazama Teaser
- Akira's profile for Rival Schools: United by Fate.
|Rival Schools Characters|
|Rival Schools: United by Fate||Akira · Batsu · Boman · Daigo · Edge · Gan · Hayato|
Hideo · Hinata · Hyo · Kyoko · Kyosuke · Natsu
Raizo · Roberto · Roy · Sakura · Shoma · Tiffany
|Nekketsu Seisyun Nikki 2||Nagare · Ran|
|Project Justice||Chairperson · Kurow · Momo · Yurika · Zaki|
|Capcom Fighting All-Stars Characters|
|Returning||Akira · Akuma · Alex · Batsu · Charlie · Chun-Li · Haggar · Poison · Ryu|
|Original||D.D. · Death · Ingrid · Rook|
|Street Fighter Online: Mouse Generation Characters|
|Akira · Batsu · Chun-Li · Guile · Ken · Ryu · Shin · Zangief|
|Street Fighter V Characters|
|Original||Birdie · Cammy · Chun-Li · Dhalsim · F.A.N.G · Karin · Ken · Laura|
M. Bison · Nash · Necalli · R. Mika · Rashid · Ryu · Vega · Zangief
|Season 1||Alex · Balrog · Guile · Ibuki · Juri · Urien|
|Season 2||Abigail · Akuma · Ed · Kolin · Menat · Zeku|
|Season 3||Blanka · Cody · Falke · G · Sagat · Sakura|
|Season 4||E. Honda · Gill · Kage · Lucia · Poison · Seth|
|Season 5||Akira · Dan · Eleven · Luke · Oro · Rose|
|CPU Only||AS · Aprile · Decapre · Enero · Février · Juli · März · Peter|
Phantom Bison · Santamu · Satsuki · Shadow · Shadow Lady · Two P