The Capcom Wrestling Association (CWA), also known as the Capcom Professional Wrestling Association (CPWA), is a coalition wrestling federation formed in the 1980s. The CWA had first appeared in the Slam Masters series, which is also a part of the Street Fighter universe alongside the Final Fight series.
Slam Masters series
During the boom of professional wrestling popularity in the 1980s, several wrestling organizations were created all over the world, many of them being fierce rivals. To solve their conflict, eight organizations combined to form the CWA, led by Victor Ortega, who had served as both the owner and first wrestling champion of the CWA.
One day, Ortega had suddenly vanished and disappeared from the public eye. He was considered to be the main axis of the sport and his unexpected disappearance had caused the CWA to enter into a dark age of direct confusion and absolute disorder. The BWA (Blood Wrestling Association): a dark underground wrestling organization, had chose and sought to take advantage of this opportunity and began moving in an attempt to establish itself as the superior and dominant wrestling organization. With "Muscle Bomber = Destiny of the Strongest" as its main theme, the CWA decided to hold a World Tour called the "Crash Carnival" in order to decide on who would become the new leader of the CWA from within a wrestling tournament.
After the tournament, Ortega shows up unexpectedly and challenges the winner in order to decide once and for all on who is truly and undoubtedly the undisputed leader of the CWA. It is currently unknown on who had actually won the tournament from within the official storyline of the Slam Masters series.
Known Members of the CWA
- Alexander the Grater (シープ・ザ・ロイヤル? Sheep the Royal) - A former rugby and American football player turned wrestler from Melbourne, Australia.
- Biff Slamkovich (アレクセイ・ザラゾフ? Aleksey Zalazof) - One-half of the "Hyper Cannons" tag team from Moscow, Russia. A former student of Haggar, he and Gunloc served as Hugo's opponents 2nd Impact if Hugo's tag team partner was either Ryu, Necro, or Gill. He also seems to know Zangief (name dropping him in his losing quote) and appeared at Eliza Masters' birthday party in Street Fighter Alpha 2. He is also mentioned in Street Fighter V Volcanic Edition: A Visionary Book as a part of its character chart.
- Black Widow (ブラック・ウィドー?) - A masked spider-themed wrestler from Hanover, Germany who had revealed herself to be female. One-half of the "Slam Masters" tag team with Haggar that challenges Hugo if Elena is his partner in 2nd Impact. According to Yoko Harmageddon's Japanese SFV profile, it is revealed that Yoko was forced to officially retire from pro wrestling years ago due to hurting and injuring both her neck and waist in a match against her.
- El Stingray (エル・スティンガー? El Stinger) - A quick and dynamic luchador from Acapulco, Mexico. According to El Fuerte's Japanese SFV profile, both luchadors were trained under the same teacher, Meteorito Jr.
- The Great Oni (ミステリアス・ブドー? Mysterious Budo) - A kabuki-themed high-flying wrestler from Kamakura, Japan who shares a strong rivalry with El Stingray.
- Gunloc (ラッキー・コルト? Lucky Colt) - One-half of the "Hyper Cannons" tag team from Miami Beach, Florida, USA who trained alongside Biff at Haggar's gym. The relationship between Gunloc and Haggar was tarnished after the former had gotten involved in two separate fights with both Cody and Haggar after hitting on Jessica, Cody's then-girlfriend at the time and Haggar's daughter. Alongside Biff, the two of them had wrestled against Hugo and his tag team partner in 2nd Impact. In Blade's ending from within the arcade version of Street Fighter: The Movie, the Shadaloo Trooper was revealed to be Gunloc. This ending is considered non-canon, but in Blade's SFV profile, it is heavily hinted that the two characters are one in the same. Due to English specific changes to his profile by Capcom USA, he is also rumored to be Guile's brother, something Blade's SF:TM ending outright stated. Gunloc is also mentioned in Street Fighter V Volcanic Edition: A Visionary Book as a part of its character chart.
- King Rasta Mon ("ミッシングIQ" ゴメス? "Missing IQ" Gomes) - A savage-looking wrestler from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. He currently resides in Venice Beach, California along with his monkey companion Freak and his family with whom the two grew up together with and that both Rasta and Freak share a strong brotherly bond with each other.
- Mike "Macho" Haggar (マイク・”マチョ”・ハガー?) - The powerhouse wrestler from Metro City who would go on to be the mayor of the city itself. His lengthy history in Street Fighter is cataloged here.
- Titanic Tim (タイタン・ザ・グレート? Titan the Great) - An almost 8-foot tall titan of a wrestler hailing from Wigan, England. Birdie was his rival and former tag team partner of the "500 Trillion Powers".
- Victor Ortega (ヴィクター・オルテガ?) - The owner of the Capcom Wrestling Association and its first undefeated champion. Retiring for a time because he couldn't find any worthy opponents to do battle against, he returns in Ring of Destruction: Slam Masters II to fight once more against a worthy opponent.
- Harry Hicks (ハリー・ヒックス?) - A trusted American referee known for his integrity, accuracy, and reliability.
- Jessica (ジェシカ?) - Mike Haggar's daughter who also serves as his valet. For more info, on Jessica, click here.
- Freak (フリーク?) - Rasta's monkey companion who serves as both his assistant and manager, known for his 200 IQ, comprehension of human speech, and booking (and sometimes appearing or cheating in) his matches.