|This article may or may not be a stub, but it's definitely missing something.|
Specifically: fill up the empty sections. Also, a Shadaloo C.R.I. profile image with the background would be good.
You can help the Street Fighter Wiki by giving us what we need.
Cyborg, also known as Shadaloo's Monitor Cyborg (モニターサイボーグ?), is a character from the Street Fighter series who was originally featured in the 1994 film Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie before appearing as a playable fighter in Street Fighter II: The Interactive Movie. Its aim is to gather intel from fighters from all across the globe to further Shadaloo's research.
Cyborg is mostly made up of steel-blue metal (as seen in the Shadaloo C.R.I. profile artwork). His arms and legs are black. He has a red stripe with a thunderbolt on top of it on his right arm. He has the Shadaloo logo on his chest. His eyes and a trapezoid on his chest are glowing pink.
The monitor cyborgs were created by Shadaloo scientist, Senoh. Their mission was to record various fights that happened around the world. This would locate the strongest fighters for M. Bison to turn them into his slaves. They have been around since the first Street Fighter, where a Cyborg watched Sagat and Ryu battle in the finals.
Other fights that were recorded by the cyborgs were Ken vs. T. Hawk, Dhalsim vs. E. Honda, Dee Jay vs. some street thugs (even though Chun-Li destroyed one of them) and even the final Ryu and M. Bison confrontation.
During the whole game, the newest model of the monitor cyborgs keeps taking pictures of the fights that occurs during the movie. In the end, the Cyborg must use the techniques he learned from his monitoring against Ryu. The result of the battle determines the game's ending:
- If the Cyborg loses, the ending is the same as the movie, with M. Bison being defeated.
- If the Cyborg wins, the Cyborg replaces Vega (due to his failure in killing Chun-Li) as a member of Shadaloo's Four Kings. One year later, Ryu reappears and attacks the Four Kings.
- If the Cyborg wins without taking damage, it appears that the data collected from Ryu and Ken causes him to become good, turning on M. Bison and defeating him. In the end he is seen walking a street, a newspaper showing that Interpol took down Shadaloo. Ken passes by him with his car, seeing him but leaving without saying anything.
Street Fighter series
Although not seen in the main games, the official Shadaloo C.R.I. site says that Shadaloo doesn't contain only human members. Monitor cyborgs are mass-produced hi-tech machines from Shadaloo used to scan the movement of martial artists with a camera, allowing them to learn the technique by copying it. Scanned data is sent to Shadaloo's server, where it is stored and shared by its members. The monitor cyborgs are maintained by Shadaloo's mechanic team.
Although the Cyborg in Street Fighter II: The Interactive Movie copied techniques from several fighters, when controlled by the player he only has access to Ken's moveset from Super Street Fighter II Turbo, including the Hadoken, Shoryuken, Tatsumaki, and his Super Combo, the Shoryureppa. Cyborg's stats, divided into Punch, Kick, Throw, Special Attack, Defense, and Speed, are determined by the amount of pictures taken during the game, specially when a related action is done. For example, taking a picture from a character punching will increase his Punch stat. There is a limit of how many pictures can be taken per scene, so it is better to only take pictures of desired skills.
- It is implied that the man near a post in Shopping District, Taiping Road is a Monitor Cyborg. If true, other characters with a strange appearance, like the man resembling Q in the Battle Harbor, could possibly be monitor cyborgs too.
- Seth has varying similarities with the cyborgs, including having a similar appearance and sharing the same purpose of observing fighters and storing their move data.
- Street Fighter V Character Encyclopedia: Monitor Cyborg
- Takayuki Nakayama on Twitter
- Eiga Street Fighter II Memorial Kōshiki Fanbook (details)
|Street Fighter II: The Interactive Movie Characters|