This is a list of quotes used by Dhalsim.
- 1 Street Fighter II series
- 2 Street Fighter Alpha series
- 3 Marvel vs. Capcom series
- 4 Capcom vs. SNK series
- 5 Street Fighter IV series
- 5.1 Street Fighter IV
- 5.2 Pre-fight
- 5.3 Victory
- 5.4 Personal Action
- 5.5 Defeat
- 5.6 Intro
- 5.7 Ending
- 5.8 Rival Dialogue
- 5.9 During rival match quotes
- 5.10 Win Quotes
- 5.11 Super Street Fighter IV
- 5.12 Before using Yoga Shangri-La
- 5.13 Intro
- 5.14 Ending
- 5.15 Win Quotes
- 6 Street Fighter X Tekken
- 7 Street Fighter V
- 7.1 Character Selection
- 7.2 Intro
- 7.3 Versus Mode (Generic)
- 7.4 Versus Mode (Character-Specific)
- 7.5 Character Story
Street Fighter II series
- "I will meditate and then destroy you."
- "Now you've realized the inner mysteries of yoga!"
- "Mastery comes from within."
- "Your mind is full of wrong ideas. It's best your empty it."
- "You must master yourself before you can truly complete."
Street Fighter Alpha series
Dhalsim: Do you wish to learn from me, novice?
Zangief: Ha! What could someone so puny possibly teach me?
Dhalsim: Size is no consequence. Yoga mastery is an ancient discipline of mind and body.
Zangief: Your body, I will twist into a pretzel. I'll leave your mind for the vultures.
Dhalsim: You have an evil spirit. Your soul is dark with hate.
M. Bison: I will crush you with true power!
Dhalsim: Real power is achieved by mercy. May the spirits have mercy on your soul.
- "Meditate on your loss. Someday our paths will cross again."
- "Action brings reaction. Your fate has followed you."
- "I'm your master. Pain is a state of mind and I don't mind your pain."
- "Don't cry. I'll let you live."
Dhalsim: Wait, young lady. You shouldn't live your life so carelessly.
Rose: You assumed that I was thinking of dying? Is it because I looked sad? Hm.. hm.. hm..
Dhalsim: No, it's not your face. In your mind, you're ready to die...
Rose: !! Who are you?! How could you read my mind?! Don't try to stand in my way! No one can stop this fight!
Dhalsim: Hmm... So he is called M. Bison... I can feel an evil omen...
Rose: You can read others' minds, so you must know how evil he is. I have to defeat him. I must defeat him...
Dhalsim: You cannot win if you give up the will to live.... Do not be impatient. Wait for the right time.
Dhalsim: Birdie, I would like to ask you a question... Where is Shadaloo's hideout?
Birdie: Ha! Are ya out of your mind?! Why should I tell ya? Ya know... If you play with me, I might consider telling you... But now I got this urge to make a pretzel! Ha! Ha! Ha!
Birdie: Blast it!! I lost!! OK... I promised I'd tell you...
Dhalsim: So, the hideout is in Thailand. I read your mind...
Birdie: ?! What the heck?! Why didn't you read it in the first place?!
M. Bison: You have an excellent body... You'll make a fine guinea pig for the Psycho Power...
Dhalsim: So you're M. Bison... What malevolent energy! So you're the one that is giving out evil energy!
M. Bison: You've taken the bait! I tricked you into increasing my powers! The other maggots of justice did not help me in the way you have! Seize him!
M. Bison: You didn't kneel before me! I'll make you sorry! My patience runs short. I urge you to obey my will immediately. It's such a pity that your power shall not be seen again.
- "To prove your bravery is to protect those who are innocent."
- "The mind can often be a more formidable weapon than the body!"
- "Shed your ego and become a part of what is around you. Awaken!"
- "Peace and tranquility... This is the way of Yoga!"
- "My family... My friends... I will fight for their souls."
- "A friend, no matter how weak or poor... is worth dying for."
- "Victory is to control yourself as well as control the opponent."
- "Meditate now... Then the answers you seek will be revealed."
Marvel vs. Capcom series
- "You didn't even break my concentration."
- "Yoga teaches the combination of powers."
- "With a sound mind comes a superior body."
- "The pain must be endured. Then you might be great."
- "Next time I will reach out and strangle you!"
- "Mother India has been kind to me."
- "It's time for you to learn a lesson in defeat."
- "I have studied Yoga; you have studied nothing."
Dhalsim: Apocalypse, I will put an end to you!
Apocalypse: Contemplate your own undoing, Dhalsim.
- "Practice and you can follow me..."
- "Not impressed? Let's do it again!"
- "It's Yoga power that keeps me going!"
- "I must meditate on why you lost... you are inferior!"
- "I must master the power of Yoga to be the best."
- "Here's your first lesson in Yoga. Take the pain!"
- "Feel the power of Yoga."
- "Do not attempt to challenge me again!"
Capcom vs. SNK series
- "Free your mind and the rest will follow..."
- "Always stay true to yourself..."
- "A man must be strong in the mind and limber in the body."
- "The way to master Yoga is very long..."
- "My mission is to spread the power of Yoga!"
- "Mercy is the power to forgive."
- "Let the power of Yoga release you from your fear."
- "In order to attain peace, concentration becomes key..."
- "Thank you. The mind can overcome anything it wants."
- "The power of Yoga will see me through to the end!"
- "Let the power of Yoga heal and release you from your fear."
- "My mission is to spread the power of Yoga throughout the world."
- "In order to attain peace, concentration becomes key..."
- "Free your mind and the rest will follow..."
- "There are only two ways to master Yoga: the long way, and the longer way..."
- "Mercy is the power to forgive. Kindness is the power to forget."
- "A man must be strong in the mind and limber in the body to succeed."
- "Popular opinion can change in an instant. Always stay true to yourself..."
Dhalsim: "Master of the Murder Wave! You're in bad need of some saving, I see."
Akuma: "There's no saving me. The Murder Wave is my sole savior."
Dhalsim: "Slave to power, you don't understand. Yoga can set you free!"
Akuma: "My fists will do that. And send you to heaven."
Balrog: "What a reach! If you take up boxing, be sure to call me."
Dhalsim: "I am sorry but I have no intention to become a boxer."
Balrog: "Why not? You'd make a fortune."
Dhalsim: "Money is not the object of my training."
Balrog: "Then what is it?"
Dhalsim: "It is something a slave of desire cannot grasp..."
Balrog: "Self-important ascete! Enough or your sermons. Say your prayers, monk!"
Chun-Li: "I can't get used to those stretching legs and arms."
Dhalsim: "You lack training. You must devote yourself harder to your training."
Chun-Li: "Will you help me?"
Dhalsim: "Be your sparring partner? Very well. If that will be of service to you."
Chun-Li: "Ok, thank you! Okay...Let's do it!"
Dan: "What the...!? Your arms stretched!"
Dhalsim: "That surprises you? Your trainig is lacking, my friend."
Dan: "Uh, I wasn't that surprised, bean pole! So listen and freak out! Dan of the Saikyo groove is none other than me!"
Dan: "Aw, nuts! Bring it on, skinny!"
Dhalsim: "Evil spirit! Go back to your world."
Demitri: "This is my world. For I shall rule it!"
Dhalsim: "Yoga! Purify this fiend with the holy flames!"
Demitri: "Such vain effort..."
Guile: "Dhalsim. How goes it? How long has it been?"
Dhalsim: "A long time. I have evolved. I'm not what you know."
Guile: "Neither am I. Of cource, my limbs don't stretch."
Dhalsim: "You still seek vengeance, I see."
Dhalsim: "Even one as you fails to find enlightenment... But the wheel of hate one day must stop spinning."
Guile: "No matter what you say, you cannot stop me."
Poison: "Hey, wait, you! Didn't your arm stretch?"
Dhalsim: "That's Yoga! My legs stretch, too."
Poison: "Aw-awesome! If only you could spit out flames, too..."
Dhalsim: "Yoga fire!"
Poison: "Ah ha ha. Great! Please, you gotta join our troupe. Hugo!"
Hugo: "We can use this clown. You'll do a fine job warming up the crowd."
Ken: "Greetings, Yoga master. Care for a bout?"
Dhalsim: "Excitable as ever. But your conceit may be your undoing."
Ken: "Enough sermonizing! Have you tarried in your training and forgotten Yoga's secrets?"
Dhalsim: "I'm always training. I entrust all to Agni, god of fire."
Vs. M. Bison
Dhalsim: "You cannot achieve inner peace if you intend to conquer the world, Bison!"
M. Bison: "Hmph. Inner peace? Take a hike, hippie!"
Dhalsim: "You don't intend to see the error of your ways? Then I shall lead you."
M. Bison: "What nonsense... You will bend to my supreme power!"
Dhalsim: "If you do not see, then so shall it go. You'll get no mercy!"
Vs. Mirror Match
Dhalsim: "Th-this is... A test from God."
Mirror Match: "Or the devil's trap?"
Dhalsim: "However... Without facing myself I cannot attain peace."
Mirror Match: "You speak wisely. Transcend yourself, and grow!"
Ryu: "Dhalsim! Time you showed me what's new with Yoga!"
Dhalsim: "As self-involved as ever. End your foolish conceits and watch and learn."
Ryu: "Yeah, yeah! Let's get it on!"
Dhalsim: "Ho, ho, ho. Surprisingly, a guy like you may... Just one day find spiritual enlightenment."
Dhalsim: "Gigantic sir, you have suffered long..."
Sagat: "What do you know...? Beat it!"
Dhalsim: "You won't fight well with a disturbed soul. And I will defeat you."
Sagat: "You talk too much...I'm going to put you in a coma for a few days!"
Tessa: "Your pretty unique to be able to alter your body like that."
Dhalsim: "Do you have an interest in the secrets of Yoga?"
Tessa: "I have oodles! However, I'll need some time to compile my data on the subject."
Dhalsim: "Stranger, The miracles of Yoga are but a part of deep enlightenment. If you don't decote all of yourself, you'll get diddley."
Tessa: "Ohh, foo, foo. All creation can be explained scientifically."
Dhalsim: "Your knowledge hinders your way to true sagacity. You'd do well to go back to the drawing board. Do you understand me?"
Tessa: "Indeed. In addition to theory and sorcerologic data, you say I need actual empirical proof, do you?"
Dhalsim: "Are you ready to begin? Yoga!"
Vega: "You don't bathe in training? Back off! Foul, foolish freak."
Dhalsim: "Those who are taken by appearances alone are truly foolish."
Vega: "An argument like that is but the simperings of the foul and ugly."
Dhalsim: "You won't understand until I scold you. See Yoga's secrets!"
Vega: "Taste the pain... That comes from beauty!"
Vs. Violent Ken
Dhalsim: "Pathetic fool. Such power dominated by the force of evil."
Violent Ken: "Oooh-whooooo. D-dhalsim!"
Dhalsim: "Close your eyes. My power will restore your sanity."
Violent Ken: "Uggh. N...No need!"
Dhalsim: "What do you seek in your wanderings? Speak, little one."
Zero: "I cannot tell you."
Dhalsim: "Mastering Yoga's secrets permits me to read your mind, you know...?"
Dhalsim: "And yours doesn't make for intersting reading..."
Zero: "Hmph... You may be right."
Vs. Shin Akuma
Dhalsim: "What is this? An evil spirit... And bigger than before."
Shin Akuma: "Are you prepared... to go to heaven?"
Dhalsim: "By my life... I will stop you!"
Shin Akuma: "Nonsense!"
Vs. Red Arremer
Dhalsim: "Huh?! What is this place?"
Red Arremer: "Gya-gyah!"
Dhalsim: "Oh my! I'm in hell. I've supressed my desires with Yoga, and this is the reward I get...?"
Red Arremer: "Gya-gyah!"
Dhalsim: "You're a slave to desire. You must train and learn Yoga to save yourself."
Choi: "I'll leave the preaching to Kim. Can it, buddy boy!"
Dhalsim: "Even if you'll be able to be taller, too? I know you want that."
Choi: "T-taller? OK. you got me curious. Start talking."
Dhalsim: "First, you must purge all desires."
Choi: "...You gotta be nuts! I guess I'm just doomed to enjoy myself. Let's go, stretch!"
Earthquake: "Hey, a walking twig! One of my snorts would blow you away!"
Dhalsim: "Size is no measure of one's strength. What matters is the power of your soul."
Earthquake: "Snort! Soul? You silly shaman. Don't make me laugh."
Dhalsim: "To know true strength you must first know your own weakness."
Earthquake: "And How do I do that?"
Vs. Geese Howard
Dhalsim: "I sense evil!"
Geese: "If I'm evil, then everyone is. Wah ha ha!"
Dhalsim: "I believe that I can cleanse your heart!"
Dhalsim: "Such evil... Friend, why do you walk the dark way?"
Genjyuro: "I don't walk the dark way. The path I walk is the dark way."
Dhalsim: "I will rescue you."
Genjyuro: "I need not your charity. In turn I will send you to damnation!"
Dhalsim: "What evil wind is this?"
Goenitz: "A good wind blows. Dear Yoga master, may have some of your time?"
Dhalsim: "Oh, fire god Agni. Lend me the power of your purifying flame!"
Goenitz: "Oh, such lovely flames! Very well, I accept your challenge."
Dhalsim: "That's the power of Yoga! And I can teach you all about this wonderful art."
Iori: "...Pass. I hate clowns..."
Dhalsim: "Phew! Saving the damned is just another kind of training, I guess. But I will save you!"
Iori: "You'll save me?! Take your best shot. You'll only regret it."
Dhalsim: "May you be enveloped in the grace of Vishnu."
Kasumi: "Your appendages stretch? Will wonders never cease?"
Dhalsim: "The miracles of Yoga. With a little practice, you can do the same."
Kasumi: "Are you serious? Then, enlighten me."
Dhalsim: "Very well. Assume your stance!"
Kim: "The secrets of yoga. I've heard of them, but who'd thought...?"
Dhalsim: "Your surprise is tenable. With a little practice, anyone can do this."
Kim: "Tae Kwan Do with Yoga? I'd be invincible! Please, spar with me!"
Dhalsim: "Very well. Show me your stuff!"
Dhalsim: "Oh, it's you? So, you wish to learn the ways of yoga?"
Kyo: "No, not especially."
Dhalsim: "Jeesh! Kids these days! I know it's no picnic. But with my teaching, you can be just like me."
Kyo: "Hey, I don't give a rip about Yoga, bud!"
Dhalsim: "But before we start, I guess I must see what you're made of. Very well, my child. Show me your stuff."
Kyo: "You haven't heard a word I said, have you? Very well, I'll bop you and make you see that you need the training."
Dhalsim: "First you must remove all unwanted fat from you. Then you will be swift."
Mai: "...Put a sock in it! My body hasn't an ounce of unwanted fat!"
Dhalsim: "Do not deceive yourself. Training must begin with complete honesty.... For example... Learning your true weight."
Mai: "Yaaah! Stop! Stop! Enough! I am going to put a sock in it for you!"
Vs. Mars People
Mars People: "Beep boop bop."
Dhalsim: "I don't understand. Even Yoga doesn't work. What creature is this?"
Mars People: "Beep boop boop!"
Dhalsim: "Yoga cannot help me. It's a trial, perhaps?"
Vs. Mr. Karate
Mr. Karate: "A secret Yoga ceremony... Levitation. Meditation. Elastified limbs..."
Dhalsim: "Verily. But Yoga's secret rituals are not for violence. I use it not frivolously."
Mr. Karate: "If you desire mercy, I will back away. Spare the guilt trip."
Dhalsim: "You are berzerk. If this is destined, then I must abide..."
Vs. Orochi Iori
Dhalsim: "Ill-omened sensations... Even my Yoga secrets may not protect me from this lost one."
Ryo: "...You're impervious! Way to go, pops."
Dhalsim: "Belligerent young one. Learn the ways of Yoga, and regain tranquility."
Ryo: "Enough of your sermons. Any more and I'll bop you right back to Bombay."
Dhalsim: "Hmmm... My child. You are possessed."
Shiki: "...I am Shiki... Ooooh...."
Dhalsim: "Yoga! Yoga! Yoga!"
Dhalsim: "Unh...I'm too late. One final option! I will exorcise the possessor with Agni's flames!"
Shiki: "You confound me... Die..."
Terry: "Man, you're thin! One punch and "Snap!""
Dhalsim: "Do not worry, friend. My body tempered by Yoga's mysteries will not break."
Terry: "OK! Then no guilt here. Let's go, bean pole."
Vs. Shin Mr. Karate
Mr. Karate: "Oh, ho! You are no ordinary human."
Dhalsim: "You, too, are strong. A Yoga master knows this."
Mr. Karate: "You cannot equal me, but you make a wild opponent. Here I come!"
Dhalsim: "Yoga rules!"
Dhalsim: "Where the heck am I...? Could it be heaven?"
Athena: "Give the man a cigar. You are in heaven. Thanks to your silly fighting, the dimensional doors have been opened."
Dhalsim: "Then I'm not dead yet. That's good news... I have many things left to do down below. You may send me back."
Athena: "I can't help you. My mission here is to protect this land. And remove undesirables. So, put them up."
Dhalsim: "Along with the world, heaven too seems filled with absurdity..."
- "Do not forget this, for this is the secret power of yoga."
- "Devotion... all is true devotion!!!"
- "Temper your body. And one day you can stretch like me."
- "Learn from pity's heart, for that will save you."
Win Quotes (character-specific)
- Versus anyone in a Karate gi: "What confounds you? Have your fists lead you astray?"
- Versus mirror match: "This is but god's trial. Can you overcome it?"
Street Fighter IV series
- "Today, I shall win again."
- "Well done, child."
- "Enlightenment is still far away."
- "Yoga... Yoga... Yoga... Yoga..."
- "Meditate." (Time Over)
- "You are not ready for yoga."
- "Cultivate a pure heart."
- "You hesitate."
- "Calm yourself."
- "Hatred begets weakness."
- "You are capable of more."
- "I do not fight for pleasure."
- "You lack strength."
- "Too impatient."
- "Is this my... destiny...?" (Chip KO)
- "I must leave you for a while. I'm going to bring our water back."
Rufus: "What the? Wha... wha... wha... wha...? Are you floating? How you doin' that? What? ESP? Plasma? Magnets?"
Dhalsim: "This... is Yoga."
Rufus: "What, are you an alien or somethin'? 'Cause like, I'm not sure if you noticed, but, uh, you know? There's all sorts of aliens like, err, Martians for instance. I mean those crazy freaks..."
During rival match quotes
Rufus: "Your punishment awaits."
Dhalsim: "I must defeat you."
Dhalsim: "Open your eyes." (if successfully hit by level 3 focus attack)
Rufus: "Aliens always tryin' cheat!"
Dhalsim: "These are not gimmicks."
Rufus: "Your magic won't work on me!"
Dhalsim: "This is not magic."
Rufus: "Aliens are strong, man! Heh!"
Dhalsim: "Behold! Yoga's true power!"
Dhalsim: "What a predicament." (if first attack was taken)
Rufus: "Why I ought 'o!" (if first attack was taken)
Dhalsim: "Are you alright?" (when the opponent is stunning)
Rufus: "I'm back!"
Dhalsim: "Behave yourself, child!" (when Dhalsim activates his ultra combo)
Rufus: "Solar system strike!" (when Rufus activates his ultra combo)
Dhalsim: "I am sorry, but you must let me pass." (if revenge gauge is activated)
Rufus: "Better warp out now while you can!" (if revenge gauge is activated)
Rufus: "Where'd you park your UFO anyways?"
Dhalsim: "I am only a man."
Dhalsim: "Feeling better?"
Rufus: "Spaceship Earth!"
Dhalsim: "Perhaps you are being naive."
Rufus: "Find your zen."
Dhalsim: "Must we do this."
Rufus: "Huh? You gettin' some sort of signal?"
Rufus: "Don't try to call your alien friends to help!"
Dhalsim: "Listen to me, child!"
Dhalsim: "This is the result of your bad con." (if finished with basic, unique and special attacks)
Rufus: "I guess my work here is done!" (if finished with basic, unique and special attacks)
Dhalsim: "This is not good." (if finished with Super Combo)
Rufus: "Ha ha ha! How'd you like that?" (if finished with Super Combo)
Dhalsim: "I am no alien." (if finished with Ultra Combo)
Rufus: "Ha ha ha! I saved the Earth!" (if finished with Ultra Combo)
- "Desire only serves to darken the heart. Release yourself from its bounds."
- "You must meditate if you truly want to awaken your chakras."
- "Such impatience... The answers you seek lie in your own heart. Seek them out."
- "My arms? Forget it. Flexibility like this cannot be achieved overnight."
- "Yoga grants complete control over mind, body and spirit."
- "Believe in yourself and nothing is outside your grasp."
- "I should have held back. I must exert more control."
- "My flame is but an illusion, but it will burn you if you believe it to be real."
- "All the training in the world cannot rid your heart of doubt."
- "Yoga... Yoga, yoga, yoga..."
- "I'm afraid your defeat was predestined."
- "No matter how difficult your trials, you must persevere to the end."
- "You walk the path to hell on your own account? What a fearsome beast you are!"
- "You will never defeat me without a dose of introspection, child."
- "What an interesting specimen you are. The world is full of wonders, no?"
- "I sense confusion in your blows. You must overcome your demons, child."
- "Open your eyes, child. Anger alone cannot sustain us."
- "Do not be satisfied with mediocrity. Open your eyes before it's too late."
- "It is a great sin to destroy the flavors that nature bestows upon us."
- "Passively allowing your opponent's blows to wash over you is a useful technique."
- "Seeking the adoration of others will not bring enlightenment."
- "What a shame that such power lies in the hands of one as evil as you."
- "Life begets death. Death begets life. There is no escaping this eternal cycle."
- "Controlling your aggression is a sign of courage, not weakness."
- "You will reap punishment in the next world for your sins in this one."
- "Do not fear the shadows of the future. The cycle continues with or without us."
- "I am no alien!"
- "You mustn't seek answers outside yourself. This is not where they lie."
- "Anger is a siren's song that draws us toward damnation. Change while you can."
- "Do not rush, child. You will find your path in due time."
- "Power such as yours is destined to bring about its own destruction..."
- "Beauty is only skin deep. Beneath yours lies a wretched creature."
- "Countries are defined by humankind. Their nature is far from permanent."
Before using Yoga Shangri-La
- "Come to me, friend."
- "The men who robbed our village of water, they wore a symbol that resembles that of Shadaloo. We had thought them to be destroyed, yet I cannot shake the feeling that they still lurk in the shadows, weaving dark and evil plots, preparing for the moment when they will strike again. The power I possess is divine. It is not for mortal men to use for their own simple desires... Yet, I feel compelled to restore hope and vitality to my village by bringing the water back no matter what the cost. Hear me, Agni, god of fire. Watch over me as I in turn watch over those I love. Grant me the strength to vanquish evil."
Dhalsim: "Shadaloo and S.I.N.... You toy with life and try to manipulate nature to your own selfish ends. I know that evil will never truly be vanquished from this earth, and sometimes seems an endless gaping void, but still..."
Dhalsim: "I retain my hope in humanity. For the goodness in mankind's heart is also endless..."
- "I mustn't stop as long as there are forces who seek to do harm."
- "Give up. Your short limbs have no chance of reaching me."
- "The road our souls travel is a long and winding one."
- "We may worship different gods, but your strength is to be praised."
- "O, Agni, please accept my humble thanks for the power you have granted me."
- "My purifying flames wash my foes one by one as they fall before me."
- "Through meditation, we are able to touch the very fabric of space and time."
- "I do not like to fight without reason. Leave this place at once."
- "This is destiny."
- "You have lost because it was your destiny to do so. Do not resist."
- "Yoga yoga yoga yoga."
- "No one chooses the circumstances of their birth. What matters is the future."
- "It is unwise to compare your strength to that of others, young one."
- "Your greed and thirst for power have blinded you to everything else."
- "You fight not for fame and glory, but for the love of your mother."
- "The past can no longer harm you, child. Look resolutely forward, not back."
- "Everyone has their past demons with which to wrestle. Fight for the future!"
- "You mustn't run from your troubles, but face them head-on with a pure heart."
- "Do not rely on others' devices for strength. Believe in your own power."
- "Move your gaze from worldly possessions and toward more important things."
- "Music is good for the soul, but be sure to listen to your inner rhythm as well."
- "Your pride is what keeps victory out of reach. Humble yourself, friend."
- "You would do well to first sample your dishes before adding seasonings."
- "Stretching limbs makes for quite an advantage. You should try it."
- "I pray that the hatred inside of you is extinguished quietly..."
- "There is a fine line between healthy pride and destructive narcissism."
- "How can you, one who is in the twilight of life, end lives so flippantly?"
- "It appears you have overcome your anger and found a new source of strength."
- "The universe has taught me much, child. Perhaps it has wisdom for you as well."
- "Remain calm, friend. This fire is merely an illusion and cannot ignite your oil."
- "You must first complete your obligations before embarking on adventure, child."
- "You derive pleasure from imparting pain? Your soul may be beyond saving..."
- "Aggression is a fruitless pursuit. Observing your opponent is enough."
- "It is not I who has defeated you. You have fallen victim to your own sins!"
- "You may feel lost and alone, but I assure you that your path is righteous."
- "And thus a malicious god appeared, only to be felled by the flames of Agni."
- "Destiny is not completely predetermined. This is why predictions sometimes fail."
- "I am NOT an alien!"
- "Look closely and you will see things invisible to others."
- "Your heart is free from turmoil now. May you find a new path, friend."
- "Your drive for self-improvement will lead you to great places, child."
- "You have brought this upon yourself and you must suffer the consequences alone."
- "O, warrior from a far-off land, swing not your fists in anger, but in love."
- "Those who are truly beautiful feel no need to boast about it."
- "You're on a trip with your brother? I wish you two the best of luck."
- "While I praise your diligence, I cannot say the same for your conceitedness."
- "The strength you possess is skin deep. True power comes from within."
- "Put your blade away, child. You know not what lies at the razor's edge."
- "Have you considered taking up yoga? I think it would suit you."
- "Misuse of the flesh will only bring ruin. Be vigilant."
- "Everyone chooses their own path. I'm sure you will find yours soon."
- "A true leader relies on his depth of compassion rather than an iron fist."
- "Allow me to show you the wonders of yoga."
- "I hope you are willing to have a fair fight."
- "I do not wish to fight but since you choose to interfere..." (with Sagat)
- "Calm yourself."
- "What is this power?!"
- "The universe..."
- "Enlightenment is still far away."
- "I can't be... defeated..." (Chip KO)
Win Quotes (character-specific)
- "The future is decided by what you do now, not what is in your past. What do you see in your future?"
- "Misguided demon, do you intend to continue on your path of despair and destruction?"
- "You, consumed by your own desires, will never be able to reach me."
- "Your crimes in this world are too numerous... You will burn in divine flames to pay for your sins."
- "If nothing else, you speak from your heart."
- "It would seem as though you've finally cleared your thoughts. Your attacks said as much."
- "Take this opportunity to rest your body. You should not overwork yourself."
- "Can you find contentment in this life? Running from your problems will yield no answers."
- "I cannot be defeated by apparitions."
- "You speak of dignity, but your fists exclaim pride. There are many things you have yet to learn."
- "You are gentle and pure of heart. Never let the world darken your light."
- "Those who die live on in the memories of those who live. It is the circle of life."
- "Stay committed to your beliefs, young warrior."
- "Your body is a blessing from the gods. You should treat it more carefully."
- "Calm yourself, give thanks to the gods, and you will find the romance you so desperately seek."
- "I have thrown away any wicked desires... You cannot defeat me."
- "You have understood the power to protect people. The flames of your fire burn even brighter."
- "The miracle of yoga is not something for show. But I doubt you can comprehend that."
- "You who are intoxicated by your own ambitions... You should reflect on your life experiences."
- "Hold your tongue and observe silent meditation. Do so, and you will realise that I'm not an alien."
- "As long as you have spirit, the path lies ahead of you. There is no need to hurry."
- "Your attacks are very commendable. You have found your true strength."
- "The gods will happily guide those of pure heart, such as yourself."
- "True beauty cannot be beheld by human eyes. If you do not realize this, a life of tragedy awaits."
- "Your body is far too stiff. You should seek the benefits of yoga immediately."
- "Though you may be artificial, you understand the hearts of others. You are truly a miracle."
- "This is the miracle of yoga. I was not cheating."
- "That body... But if you are truly happy, then I cannot make any judgments."
- "You have been completely consumed by madness. I pity you."
- "The threads of fate are ever-interchanging. When the time comes, your wish will be granted."
- "As time passes, our bodies become more fragile. We are carried away by the will of the gods."
- "You are young, so there is no need to be in such a hurry. Take a moment to quiet your spirit."
- "You look human, but your soul is empty. So this is a robotic weapon..."
- "There are many things left for you to do. Cheer up and move on."
- "I also do not wish to fight. Then... How did we end up fighting?"
- "Do not despair. The truth lies before you. You need only patience to see it."
- "You should return to the mountains."
- "You will be tested...overcome these obstacles and you will become a true warrior."
- "Desire not for worldly good. Open your heart to the virtues of selflessness."
- "A sense of justice is honorable, but you should take care not to let it consume you."
- "You speak of manners, but you should learn to listen when people are talking to you."
- "My heart is calm. I do not respond to verbal taunts."
- "Assassins have no place in this world. May you find a better calling in your next life."
- "I cannot sense anything from you. Nothing at all."
- "I am NOT an alien! Why do people keep thinking me to be one?"
- "Only those who depend on their senses can be fooled by illusions. I can see through your tricks."
- "Confusion in your heart leads to confusion in your fists. You should meditate more."
- "I sense that you have good intentions, at least."
- "You must collect your thoughts if you do not wish to be sucked in by the cursed sword."
- "That power...have you been blessed by Indra, the god of thunder and lightning?"
- "The world is full of miracles…"
- "An unusual creature…it seems you were not prepared to deal with my reach."
- "That shape…are you…"
- "Fascinating… A cat that understands human language…"
- "This is the path to achieve enlightenment."
- "I am not very fond of conflict."
- "Yoga... (10x)" (Easy Survival Mode)
- "Can you please allow me to pass through?" (Normal Survival Mode)
- "Allow me to demonstrate the miracle of yoga." (Hard Survival Mode)
- "Great God Agni!" (Extreme Survival Mode)
Versus Mode (Generic)
- "I, too, have something I will not relinquish. I shall do all in my power to protect it."
- "If you so desire, I will teach you the mysteries of Yoga."
- "The path to enlightenment stretches far beyond the reaches of even these arms."
- "Fret not over victory nor defeat, but be as serene as still water."
Versus Mode (Character-Specific)
- "Rigid power cannot win against flowing water. Such is fate."
- "The world is vast. Be not surprised by what lies within arm's reach."
- "Wealth and strength are fleeting and fragile, as is the life that revolves around them."
- "One must learn not only to control the body, but also the appetite."
- "The path of a yogi is also one of nature. However, it is not one to be traversed by simple savages like you."
- "When you have someone to protect is when you must be at your strongest."
- "Focus unfalteringly on the future. Release the shackles of your past."
- "You fight, but have you not once pondered WHY you fight?"
- "A battle with my own self... This too is a trial from the gods."
- "You must eat a lot to maintain your size. How about trying some of my wife's food?"
- "Do not entrust your fate to fortune. You still have a future ahead of you."
- "To worry is to be human. I know some techniques that can help ease your troubled mind."
- "So you too have fallen victim to the power of darkness."
- "I do not sense evil in you... To fight is to obey the great Agni's will."
- "Your strength is in your family. Do not forget that again."
- "We all have a duty to perform, from which none of us can ever run away."
- "The darkness you create yourself makes you a truly fearful child."
- "The teachings of yoga go beyond death."
- "Power comes not from seeking strength alone. But you already seem to have realized that."
- "Your power lies in your desire to protect your family."
- "Blind faith can discover nothing. You must find the truth with your own eyes."
- "Your power comes from your indomitable heart."
- "My body and mind I shaped with yoga. I am not your enemy."
- "Ultimate power has its price. You walk the path of destruction."
- "You do not yet have the skill to look past the abyss, into the future. You must continue your training..."
- "I see vengeance burning within you. You must not submit to that dark inferno."
- "Modern-day life requires a strong spirit. You will not be taking mine."
- "The path ahead can never be conquered if you run in the wrong direction."
- "The fire is not for show, but of the hidden techniques of Yoga."
- "Defeat is but a minor distraction. Fight on, and the wind will ever be your ally."
- "Hurry not, and be patient in seeking an answer, and it will reveal itself."
- "You have a path you follow... As do I, with yoga in my heart."
- "To experience doubt is a part of growing up. All will be as the great Agni has envisioned it to be."
- "Just as you cannot restrain me, the hearts of humankind cannot be bound by power alone."
- "Such blinkered eyes as yours can never perceive true beauty."
- "The techniques of Yoga cannot be grasped by brute force alone."
Stage: Apprentice Alley
Interaction 1: Rashid
Mahesh: "Master Dhalsim, I've come to ask you to teach me in the ways of yoga."
Dhalsim: "For what purpose do you wish to know?"
Mahesh: "My purpose... is to become stronger, and protect our people as you do."
Dhalsim: "The path of Yoga is one of harmony, not violence. Its power is not in strength, but understanding."
Mahesh: "I... I didn't mean..!"
Dhalsim: "...Maybe I could."
Mahesh: "Th...thank you wise Master! Then we..."
Rashid: "Ah, so there you are!"
Rashid (continued): "Are you THE Dhalsim? "One of the seven Yoga Masters you have to meet at least once?" That's what the net calls you."
Dhalsim: "The "net"...?"
Mahesh: "Just who are you?! Master Dhalsim is busy..."
Rashid: "Sorry, I definitely understand. I haven't much time either."
Rashid (continued): "Well, I would be extremely appreciative if you could teach me theskill of Yoga. Shouldn't take too long. I just need you to indulge me in a single match."
Dhalsim: "And why is it that you seek to improve your skill?"
Rashid: "I can't say. But please, I just need to be stronger or else... Please..."
Dhalsim: "Understood... Let's fight."
Rashid: "Huh... I thought if I saw you fight at least once, I'd learn most, if not all of it. I suppose with Yoga there's no shortcut, eh?"
Dhalsim: "No there isn't. Yoga isn't something you can learn in a short span of time."
Rashid: "I thought as much. Well, at least I got to fight someone extroridinary skilled as you. It was a good experience."
Rashid (continued): "One more thing, I'm sure you know many people. Have you seen this person?"
Rashid: "I see. Thank you then. Take care."
Mahesh: "Were you OK with that? To show a person like him the skills in the way of Yoga?"
Dhalsim: "You shouldn't worry. He seeks skills to do good, just as you."
Dhalsim (continued): "He may not have mastered the skills, but if he gained something from fighting me which will help him, then good will come of it."
Interaction 2: Oro
Dhalsim: "This is what is released in tandem with prayer to the God Agni. The very basics of Yoga."
Oro: "What an odd thing you're doing."
Dhalsim: "You are...!"
Mahesh: "He... He's floating! Is that Yoga?!"
Oro: "Hehe! Does this really look like Yoga to you? Your disciple has a lot to learn."
Dhalsim: "I never thought I would encounter you at a place like this."
Oro: "Just killing time. I sensed interesting people here, so here I am."
Oro (continued): "And by the way, why would you have a disciple like him? His skill is very and he'll only become an obstacle to your own training."
Dhalsim: "I believe in him, and I want to spread the knowledge of Yoga to help and support others."
Dhalsim (continued): "The improvement of my own skills are secondary. My ultimate goal is to harmonize the universe."
Dhalsim (continued): "Even if it takes a lifetime, I believe my actions, in and of themselves, inevitably set me upon the right path."
Oro: "Haha, not to completely master the skill but instead spread the skill. I see you haven't changed at all."
Dhalsim: "Are you leaving already?"
Oro: "I'm sensing another interesting person around here. You should make me a tasty curry next time. Be well."
Mahesh: "Master Dhalsim, who was that?"
Dhalsim: "He is a long lived hermit, master of Senjutsu."
Interaction 3: R. Mika
Mahesh: "Huuugh, huuugh, huugaha, gaha, gaha..."
Mahesh (continued): "No, I can't..."
Dhalsim: "Impatience is muddling your mind. Calm yourself."
R. Mika: "Excuse me, can I talk to you?"
R. Mika: "Hello, my name is Rainbow Mika and I belong to the Iwashigahama Japan Women's Pro Wrestling! Could you teach me how to breathe fire? Like what you just did now?"
R. Mika: "That's right! That skill would be perfect. If I did that in the ring... the crowd would go wild and...!"
Dhalsim: "You needn't say anymore, I understand your passion. Why don't you learn it by fighting with me?"
R. Mika: "Thank you so much for your time!"
R. Mika: "Guess not! I'm not ready to breathe fire!"
Dhalsim: "Mika, mastering Yoga is not easy."
Dhalsim (continued): "Although you can't yet breathe fire, your passion will ignite the flame in the future. And when it does, it will ignite everyone."
R. Mika: "My passion... will ignite...!"
R. Mika (continued): "I think I... I think I learned something! Thank you! Thank you for teaching me sir!"
Dhalsim: "Hmm. It was an excellent fire."
Mahesh: "B...But it wasn't as big as yours, Master Dhalsim."
Dhalsim: "The size of the flame is not what is important."
Dhalsim (continued): "You are training your mind. Skill will only be a guide. When you care for someone your mind is what will become the flame. It also becomes the power to create harmony."
Dhalsim (continued): "To help you create that harmony, I will do all that can for as long as it takes."
Mahesh: "Master Dhalsim...!"