- "I'll pulverize ya! RRRAAAAGH! You ain't gettin' away! Gyaaahahahaha! (ブッ壊してやるぜぇ！ 逃がさねぇ、ぜ！ Bukkowashite yaru zee! Nigasanee, ze!?)"
|Super Street Fighter IV
Ultra Street Fighter IV
|Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Ultra Street Fighter IV (Patch 1.04)
Description[edit | edit source]
Executed by performing two half-circle backward (or full circle, depending on the game version) motions and pressing all three punch buttons, Balrog angrily lunges at the opponent with a threatening facial expression, attempting to grab his opponent.
If successful, he performs a series of illegal-in-boxing moves: he grabs them by the head and instantly headbutts them off-balance, then proceeds to violently stomp on the opponent's foot and finishes them off by whiffing a cross punch, delivering a powerful elbow strike across their face instead. The opponent is knocked down just as Balrog puts his arms out, shrugs in a "Don't look at me!" manner and laughs sadistically.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
As a grab, the Ultra Combo has very limited range, and since it isn't instant activation it can be jumped out of in a neutral stance, and does relatively low damage if landed. Its lack of utility means that it is used far less often in comparison to Balrog's other Ultra Combo. Despite the low damage, it does a lot of stun damage, meaning that it can be used as a combo finisher to render opponents dizzy.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The attack's title refers to the illegal moves that Balrog uses which are strictly forbidden in boxing.
- This Ultra likely spawned from a Street Fighter II rumor that Balrog had a "hidden" Super Combo that purposely makes the player lose the round by canceling the Turn Punch before it hits the opponent. The rumor states that by executing the move with two full circle motions and hitting all three punch or kick buttons (like Dirty Bull's original input), Balrog would headlock his opponent and repeatedly bite his/her ear(s) until Edi. E makes an appearance by busting Balrog and incarcerating him, effectively forfeiting the match. Given that Balrog was infamously based off Mike Tyson, this rumor was likely sourced from the latter's infamous second fight with Evander Holyfield.
- This attack is notably the first time in the series where Balrog has used a attack involving his legs, a stomp the second being his Stomping Combo attack.
- Dirty Bull's name is unusual in that a vast majority of Balrog's moves are named after buffalo, whereas the bull motif is often assigned to Birdie.