|This article may or may not be a stub, but it's definitely missing something.|
Specifically: Expand on the history section.
You can help the Street Fighter Wiki by giving us what we need.
Shinya Edaki (枝木真也), better known by his pen name Edayan (えだやん), is an illustrator who works for Capcom. He is best known for his work in the Rival Schools series. His pen name is an actually a nickname from his older brother when they were younger. He considers himself very fortunate to have been hired by the company since he entered a drawing contest for the Darkstalkers series in the now defunct Gamest magazine. They were looking for new artists and he was basically hired on the spot. He does his work mainly on PC and uses a Mac to speed him through.
His influences vary from children's anime (such as Doraemon), popular movies in Japan, and films from around the world. He aims to always seek new and stylish ideas to incorporate into his style. He stated that when he was creating the illustration for the Street Fighter Alpha Japanese PS cover, he tried to imitate the style in Spriggan for Ryu. In his eyes, he jokes that the concept horribly backfired.
Works for CapcomEdit
- Red Earth - promotional artwork.
- Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge - calendar illustration.
- Street Fighter Alpha series - promotional artwork in various titles; SFA3 - package artwork.
- Super Gem Fighter: Mini Mix - minor artwork.
- Street Fighter EX series - main illustrator.
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival - character portrait art.
- Monster Hunter series - monster designs, various illustrations.
- Ace Attorney (Gyakuten Saiban) series - character designer, main illustrator.
Street Fighter II seriesEdit
Promotional art (Street Fighter II Collections)Edit
Promotional art (Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival)Edit
Character art (Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival)Edit
Street Fighter Alpha seriesEdit
Character art (Street Fighter Alpha)Edit
Promotional art (Street Fighter Alpha)Edit
Character art (Street Fighter Alpha 2)Edit
Promotional art (Street Fighter Alpha 2)Edit
Promotional art (Street Fighter Alpha 3)Edit
Rival Schools seriesEdit
Character art (Rival Schools: United by Fate)Edit
Concept art (Rival Schools: United by Fate)Edit
Ending art (Rival Schools: United by Fate)Edit
Promotional art (Rival Schools: United by Fate)Edit