|This article may or may not be a stub, but it's definitely missing something.|
You can help the Street Fighter Wiki by giving us what we need.
- "You seek strength? Well, here I am! The embodiment of power! President of the World!"
- —G to Akuma, stating about his personality
- "I'll fight this battle. Why? Because it is my duty."
- —G (Street Fighter V)
- "I'm President of the World! Of the Earth! And of the entire Universe!"
- —G (Street Fighter V)
G has a peculiar appearance; a long, rather unkempt beard, contrasting with his clothing, which consists of a very tall top hat with decorative patterns around the base, a black string bow tie at the neck, and a black waistcoat with tails, decorated with highly ornate patterns, shiny red satin lining material seen inside the tails and rolled-up sleeves. Under the waistcoat, a formal white shirt can be seen and a gold pocket-watch hangs from the left side of his waistcoat.
For a unknown reason, small areas of G's skin, most noticeably the area around his left eye and on his arms appear to be gold, presumably due to Geokinesis. A closer look reveals that the gold patterns form a map of the globe; the golden world map rotates around his body endlessly. At 330 lbs, G is unusually heavy for his size, though it may have some relation to the golden markings on his skin.
G's first alternate costume, his story costume, is a trench coat with a button up shirt and tie, gloves, and a metal mask over the face, showing the sides and back of his head, bearing an uncanny resemblance to a certain masked fighter.
His second alternate costume is a traditional shooting suit, consisting of a green long sleeved suit jacket with a brown vest along with white long sleeved button shirt and a dark green tie on the collar, green formal pants and dark brown boots. He wears a brown flatcap on his head, a brown leather sling bag over his shoulder and carries a shotgun on his back.
G can be described as flamboyantly patriotic, claiming he is the President of Earth. He is also virtuous in nature when he gives advice towards his enemies such as M. Bison and Necalli, thus acting like a preacher in some cases.
It can be said, judging from most of his quotes, that G proclaims that he is not only the President of Earth, but also the incarnation of Earth itself, its Savior (like Gill), the Universe, Power and even Matter; claiming that it's the reason that he can manipulate Earth and Magma. He sees the other characters being among "The Citizens of Earth", and claiming that most of humanity's values (Love, Sorrow, Hunger, Greed etc.) makes everyone equal (including himself, as he 'gifted' them) and all sharing common causes, regardless of their gender, age or beliefs. Because of his beliefs, immense compassion, and sympathy towards humanity, G does not see antagonists like Shadaloo, the Secret Society, Necalli or Akuma as a threat, but as wayward brethren and potential allies.
The concept of a "fighting president", although not new, was initially considered for Street Fighter IV. The same idea was also revisited for Street Fighter V prior to the game's launch, and had concept art made, but the character was rejected. It is possible that G is the realization of said concept.
G's design and signature pose (pointing towards the screen) are reminiscent of Uncle Sam and his "I want you" pose. G also bears a clear resemblance to Abraham Lincoln, the sixteenth president of the U.S.A. Notably, Lincoln himself was a reputed wrestler, which G (prior to his debut) was also speculated to be.
G also has a few things in common with Emperor Norton, a man who declared himself emperor of the United States and was known as an eccentric. He also wears a top hat like Norton, and his personality and self-proclaimed high status compliment this idea.
Possibly because of his harmonic and somewhat lofty aspects of his character, G is likely a god or a godly manifestation of the Earth itself. Similarities can be made to the divine figure of Minerva of Final Fantasy VII, who is considered to be the manifestation of the Lifestream and ultimately the Planet, the major deity Light Gaia of the fantasy meets reality Soul Blazer Action RPG trilogy (which also includes Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma), the creative and nurturing embodiment of the Earth that guides the heroes to correct and restore the natural order, and the antagonistic entity Orochi of SNK's The King of Fighters series, who was the manifestation of Gaia's Will that oversaw the natural order.
In terms of his personality, he has some coincidental similarity to John Laurinaitis, who used similar gestures prior to G's debut, and visually to the United States 2016 Presidental Election campaign figure Vermin Supreme.
Because of G's outlandish nature and mainstream obscurity, few have ever been known to have interacted with the president. While Rashid is simply happy to have encountered him after hearing him from a video that he found on the internet, Menat sadly underestimated G's powers after being sent to check him by her master Rose.
Gill approached G while he was streaming in order to gather public attention to himself. When questioned by the deity about his plans for the Gate of Harmony, the Fighting President responds by proclaiming that he shall use the Gate so that all of Earth's people may become one with it and, subsequently, G himself. Gill soon returns to base, wondering about the mysterious geokinetic power G possesses, as he implies that he has felt this power somewhere before the encounter.
G is a mysterious man calling himself the "President of the World". He wishes to unify the world as its president and decides to spread his message through social media. Initially, he doesn’t receive much attention until Rashid comes across his videos and decides to help amplify G’s message to the people.
Afterwards, G was challenged by Menat who was given an errand by Rose to test his skills. He was predicted on one of their fortune cards as "The Fool". After defeating her, G continues to announce the citizens.
Gill meets up with G as he was streaming to reveal himself to the world. G is defeated by the Secret Society's leader, but does not seem fazed by it as he reveals that his plans for the Gate of Harmony are to use it to fulfill his mission of uniting Earth's people.
Fighting style and abilitiesEdit
Befitting his name, G can draw the energies of earth elements, such as lava attacks and can turn himself into full gold form. All of his special moves have his name at the beginning of them, and his lava column and flaming attacks resembles a blend between C. Viper and Vulcano Rosso in terms of fighting style and gameplay. G also claims to have practiced all of the world's martial arts (obscure or relevant), thus making him a man not to be underestimated in combat despite his eccentric nature.
G's V-Skill G Barrier is an attack that works similarly to Urien's Aegis Reflector and Skullomania's Skullo Energy. It can be used offensively to launch G's opponent into the air and can also destroy single-hit projectiles. It has defensive value as well as it serves as an exceptional anti-air attack.
G's new V-Skill is G Protection. Upon activation, G will strike a pose, channeling Mother Gaia's power into his body to solidify it, or so he describes it. After the animation, G will gain a defensive boost of 10% which can be stacked thrice for a total of 30% damage reduction. Like with his Presidentiality level, he will lose the boost if knocked down. Unlike the Presidentiality level, however, G will lose the buff in full rather than have it taken down a level. Also, if G is knocked down while he has both boosts active, the defense increase will be reduced first, leaving the boosts from G Charge intact. Like G Charge, it can be cancelled into at the end of most of his special moves.
His first V-Trigger is the Maximum President where he gains several boosts to his move set, including an additional projectile property to G-Barrier, the ability to cancel his special moves into each other and boosts all of his moves to level 3 of his President Gauge. His second V-Trigger is the Dangerous President where he gains two new special moves: G Rage, an uppercut, and G Explosion, a command grab with one hit of armor.
- He is the second playable Street Fighter character whose name is only known by one letter (so far), the first being Q.
- When knocked out on the right side of the Lair of the Four Kings stage G's name will be displayed as "Earth" on the computer readout.
- Interestingly, G’s story costume bears a striking resemblance to Q’s garb. Both wearing a trench coat with a button up shirt and tie, gloves, and a metal mask over the face. The most notable difference between the two however is that in Q’s case, the mask is more like a helmet, covering the entire head and only leaving a small amount of his neck visible. Whilst G’s mask and is black, covers only the face, showing the sides and back of his head. Q’s coat is also much longer than G’s, extending down past the knees whilst G’s reaches just under halfway down the thigh.
- The 15th color scheme of this costume has the same colors as Q's normal costume in Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike. In the costume's in-game description in Shadaloo C.R.I., Sgt. Ashida says "Wearing that creepy mask and that trench coat, he could be anyone. Wait...Color 15...isn't that...a certain individual that the CIA is looking for...?!".
- Seemingly as a reference to his possible connections to Q as well, the music in G's trailer is a rap, referencing the musical aesthetic of Q's only appearance in the series, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike.
- By the same token, G's in-game character theme is a jazz-themed tune with hints of noir similar to Q's own character theme (the difference is that G's theme is more focused on Jazz than noir).
- Many of G's moves are also similar, if not identical, to Q's moves, albeit G's execution of them is much more refined and focused than Q's execution (e.g. both characters perform a double leg drop kick as their crouching heavy kick, but G supports himself with one arm and picks himself up after the kick whereas Q simply launches himself at the opponent and falls over).
- The 14th color scheme of G's story costume is a reference to the comic book character The Mask, specifically his appearance in the 1994 movie starring Jim Carrey and the 1995 cartoon series.
- Christopher Corey Smith, who voices G in Street Fighter V, also voices Rufus in all of the latter's portrayals.
- G is the second playable character (or third if one counts T. Hawk in Omega Mode) that uses Earth-based elements in his moveset but the first in the mainline games to use Magma-based powers (in the overall series he is the second after Vulcano Rosso).
- G is the third character to have a throw that targets on crouching opponents (R. Mika is the first and Zangief is the second).
- G's accent is fairly similar to that of the cartoon character Foghorn Leghorn from both Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies, who in turn is based on the satirical character Senator Claghorn.
- G is the second character whose idle animation inflicts damage to the opponent. The first being Birdie, but his is nowhere near as damaging as G's.
- G being labeled as “The Fool” by Menat, but is essentially strong can be a reference to the formerly unnamed primary protagonists from Atlus' Persona series, whose Arcana initially being labeled “The Fool” and eventually being “Wild Cards”. However, G has more references to the Persona 4 main protagonist Yu Narukami, such as having both the “The Fool” and “The World” Arcanas, including on liking to form a powerful bond with one another other being too strong Wild Card fighters.
- Some of G’s post-attack idle animations, which consists of him dancing for a bit is a reference to the late pop singer Michael Jackson.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfv/chara_g.html
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Street Fighter V Stat Card
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfv/images/chara/g/name.png
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l4mux-seHI
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvc69jTXe_0
- ↑ https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-129979
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Capcom Unity: G and Sagat Rampage in to Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition on August 6!
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zviS_CZybTs
|Street Fighter V Characters|
|Original|| Birdie · Cammy · Chun-Li · Dhalsim · F.A.N.G · Karin · Ken · Laura|
M. Bison · Nash · Necalli · R. Mika · Rashid · Ryu · Vega · Zangief
|Season 1||Alex · Balrog · Guile · Ibuki · Juri · Urien|
|Season 2||Abigail · Akuma · Ed · Kolin · Menat · Zeku|
|Season 3||Blanka · Cody · Falke · G · Sagat · Sakura|
|Season 4 (AE)||Kage · E. Honda · Lucia · Poison|
|Season 4 (CE)||Gill · Seth|
|CPU Only|| AS · Aprile · Decapre · Enero · Février · Juli · März · Peter|
Phantom Bison · Santamu · Satsuki · Shadow · Shadow Lady · Two P