- "Ah ha ha ha ha ha!"
- —Geki, Street Fighter
Geki (激, lit. "Fierce"), nowadays also known as Geki I to distinguish him from his successor Geki II, is a non-playable character from the Street Fighter series who first appeared in the original Street Fighter game as one of the ten computer-controlled opponents.
Story[edit | edit source]
Geki is a claw-wielding ninja who also uses shuriken and teleportation techniques. He fights in a meadow overlooking a large lake, from which Mount Fuji can be seen. Like most of the NPC characters from the original Street Fighter who did not appear in later installments, very little information is known about him. The Street Fighter V website implies that he has been killed during his activities in Asia, and that a second generation, Geki II, has followed his footsteps.
Other media[edit | edit source]
UDON comics[edit | edit source]
In the UDON comic book miniseries Street Fighter Legends: Ibuki, Geki refers not to an individual, but an entire clan of shinobi known as the Geki Clan, who serve as the main antagonists. The reason for this animosity is explained that Ibuki's village was founded by a shinobi who left the Geki clan. In issue #1, a Geki assassin with a claw attacks Ibuki, but is defeated. Any relation (if any) between this specific ninja called Geki and the Geki clan of ninjas is never specified but the males do resemble this specific ninja to a degree.
In UDON's Street Fighter II comics, one of the Geki ninjas receives an assignment to kill Gen; Gen kills him in front of a young Chun-Li, then under his tutelage. Other members of the clan are summoned by Vega to fight Zangief and E. Honda in the Japanese qualifying round for the second World Warrior tournament.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is a possibility that Geki was the one who trained (or at the very least inspired) Vega in the art of Ninjutsu, since the latter went to Japan to study it according to the games' storyline. Vega also wears the same type of claw weapon like Geki's.
- Additionally, Geki's concept and playstyle seems to have been passed down to Vega and Ibuki (in seperate ways), which is likely the reason he never became playable.
- Geki is one of the first two characters in the Street Fighter series to have any sort of weapon, the other being Eagle with his clubs.
- He is also the first character in the series who has the ability to teleport.
- It is possible that he is the father of Geki II.
- Geki was one of five characters (the other being Retsu, Lee, Mike, and Joe) from the original Street Fighter arcade game to never return in later Street Fighter games.
- In one episode of the Street Fighter animated series, Akuma disguises himself as a ninja-like warrior that resembles Geki.
- Geki was once considered for the arcade version of Street Fighter: The Movie. According to Alan Noon, they intended on making the character female, but Capcom did not allow them to change his gender and suggested them to create an original character instead. In the end; the character was scrapped.
Stage Theme[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Sprites[edit | edit source]
Stance[edit | edit source]
Misc.[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|Street Fighter Characters|
|Playable||Ken · Ryu|
|CPU Only||Adon · Birdie · Eagle · Geki · Gen · Joe · Lee · Mike · Retsu · Sagat|