The Guren Ken (紅蓮拳 Crimson Lotus Fist?) is one of Karin's special attacks, introduced along with her in Street Fighter Alpha 3. In Street Fighter V, Karin gains this special attack when her first V-Trigger is activated.
|All appearances||+(+ or for varied followups)|
Executed by performing a quarter-circle forward motion and pressing punch, Karin steps forward while launching up to three palm strikes; the motions must be buffered to obtain the maximum amount of hits.
After any of the first two strikes, the player can choose one of these followups:
- Guren Kyoho (紅蓮虚歩? Crimson Lotus Hollow Walk): For , Karin back dashes away from her opponent.
- Guren Hou Shou: For and (or simply after the second hit), Karin performs a version of her Hou Shou, which is a palm strike that knocks the opponent back.
- Guren Senha: For and , Karin attacks with her Ressen Ha, leaping and spinning in an arc towards her opponent, and swinging her arms downward.
- Guren Resshu: (紅蓮烈蹴? Crimson Lotus Violent Kick): For and , Karin attacks with her Senha Resshu, somersaulting toward her opponent. When she is close enough, Karin performs a handstand on top of the opponent's head. She then lands with both of her knees into the opponent's head, driving them toward the ground..
- Guren Kusabi (紅蓮楔 Crimson Lotus Wedge?): For and , Karin follows with a low-hitting sliding kick, with both legs pushed forward on a side-stand.
- Guren Chochu (紅蓮頂肘 Guren Chouchuu?, Crimson Lotus Peak Elbow): For and , Karin attacks with an elbow strike upward to her chin-level. It can be followed-up with another elbow strike with the opposite arm.
- Guren Hochu (紅蓮崩肘 Guren Houchuu?, Crimson Lotus Crumbling Elbow): For and after Guren Chochu, Karin spins around her opponent and delivers an elbow strike to their backside.
- For , Karin does a Mujin Kyaku;
- For and , Karin executes a Ressen Chou (up to 2 times if is pressed twice);
- For and , Karin attacks with a Ressen Ha
- For and or , Karin stops dead on her tracks with a Yasha Gaeshi (upper or lower, depending on the button pressed);
The horizontal distance covered in each step is determined by the strength of the punch button pressed during the move startup. The Light version travels the shortest distance, while the Heavy version covers a greater distance. Additionally, the huge plethora of follow-up attacks that allows Karin to perform several kinds of fancy combos, create escape routes and retort safely against all kinds of enemy attacks (with the except for projectiles, which Karin must evade against). However, despite the simplicity of the extra inputs, these setups must be precisely entered and timed properly, as Karin may whiff her move(s), leaving her vulnerable for a counterattack.
- Oga (followup structure only)
- Change of Direction
- Whip of Love
- Spin Scythe
- Patriot Circle
- Ressen Chou