|This article may or may not be a stub, but it's definitely missing something.|
You can help the Street Fighter Wiki by giving us what we need.
- For other uses, see Hayate (disambiguation).
Hayate (疾風, はやて?) is a video game character first appearing in Fighting EX Layer. He is a University student and the descendant of the original Hayate, a playable character from the Street Fighter EX series.
Hayate has black short hair, with loose bangs on his forehead, and green-colored eyes (in-game they are amber).
He wears a dark blue bomber jacket with a gray trim and collar with its crisscrossed design, a pink short sleeved shirt which shows his lower abs and a dark blue mini tank top underneath, dark blue pants with gray crisscrossed designs at the edge, a dark brown belt and brown shoes. He is also adorned with a white genji pauldron with a gold trim and red spike designs on the right and purple designs along with a single light blue magatama design which it was embedded with glowing pink flames and matching genji gloves. Hayate also wears a necklace with three light blue magatama as a pendant.
After he became a new guardian deity on his village, Hayate chooses to live a normal life as a University student. In the University League, He became unbeatable because of his swordsmanship skills while using his Sports Chanbara. After defeating Sanane at the Sports Festival, Hayate finally awakens his true purpose as a guardian deity and resolves his duty to seal Garuda.
Hayate fights using a katana like his predecessor as he has most of the latter's moves from Street Fighter EX2. He has a fast and agile playstyle, with his weapon being used in all of his moves except his normal attacks and his counter. His Oborozuki can absorb projectles and almost all of his specials (except for his Sorasen) can be influenced by the button's strength. His katana also has a burning appearance and glows in a variety colors instead of only red like in the Street Fighter EX series.
- Enkitou - Neutral throw: a series of slashes
- Muukushin - Back Throw: an iaido slash that rushes past the opponent.
- Utsusemiotoshi - Air Throw: the final stab from his predecessor's Orochi Fujin Super Combo.
- Enrakushisho - Command normal: A front flip followed by a downward slash. Hits overhead, but the flip can send Hayate right over the opponent at close range, causing a whiff.
- Jyoudanraiha - Hard Attack: an overhead slash charged with green flames (and pink lightning at full charge).
- Kamaitachi - A quick iaido slash. Range depends on strength of punch button used. HP version reaches the farthest and must be blocked low. Can absorb enemy projectiles and cancels into supers on contact.
- Hisenzan - Hayate performs a upwards rolling slash. The range and height depends on the punch button's strength. HP version goes the highest but travels the shortest. Cancels into his air super on contact.
- Jyouwankei/Bakuraiha - Hayate will perform a stance and if opponent tries to connect with a high attack he will quickly perform a counter attack. Cancels into supers when hitting with the counter attack. Doesn't work on projectiles.
- Oborozuki - Advancing shoulder charge. Distance and number of hits determined by the kick button's strength. HK version goes the farthest and hits three times. Cancels into supers on contact. Shows up as the third hit of his LK rush combo.
- Sorasen - Follow-up slash done by pressing any punch button. Cancels into supers on contact. It can also be done out of the third hit of his LK rush combo. Hitting LP after this move will still activate the super.
- Resshinkamaitachi - a series of quick, advancing slashes. Cancels into supers on contact.
- Raizanshou - Hayate ascends and performs a drill-like slash. Cancels into supers on contact while still on ground or cancel into air super while in the air after contact.
- Tsumujikagerou-Kyouku - A series of descending, pirouetting slashes. Cancels into supers on contact when you reach the ground.
- Hayate is the only character in the series to be replaced by a same named character in Fighting EX Layer.
|Fighting Layer Characters|
|Fighting Layer||Allen · Blair|
|Fighting EX Layer||Original||Darun · D. Dark · Garuda · Hayate · Jack · Kairi|
Sanane · Shadowgeist · Shirase · Skullomania
|Downloadable||Area · Hokuto · Pullum · Sharon · V. Rosso|