- See Also: Punch
The kick (キック) is an extremely basic type of attack seen in the Street Fighter series. There are three types of kicks; short (light), forward (medium), and roundhouse (heavy).
The kick button is usually 'tied' to attacks performed with the lower half of the body. As with the punch button, it is the basis of many special attacks, such as the Flash Kick, every type of Tatsumaki attack, and some Unique Attacks such as Spin Kick.
Types[edit | edit source]
- A light kick, also known as a short kick, is usually angled downward and very fast. Crouching light kicks are easily chained into combos.
- Heavy kicks, also known as hard kicks or roundhouses, are usually angled upwards and are very powerful. When used as a crouching attack, they trip the foe. In most cases, the user spins around while delivering the blow, hence the "roundhouse" nickname.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Dudley's and Balrog's movesets lack any actual kicks, as both characters are boxers (Balrog does however have two attacks where he performs a stomp, his Dirty Bull Ultra Combo and his Stomping Combo attack).
- Elena's moveset is based in Capoeira, and thus consists entirely of kicks.
- Juri's moveset consists mostly of kicks. with her heavy punch attacks having her kick instead though her light and medium punch attacks do involving punching.