|filling out and expanding the article. Please remember to source everything added, especially as more information is released.|
- "Boom! That's how you start a fight and finish it quickly!
(ドーンと始めて、パパッと終わらせちゃうよ！ Dōn to hajimete, papatto owara se chau yo!?)"
- —Laura (Street Fighter V)
Laura Matsuda (ララ・マツダ Rara Matsuda?) is a character appearing in the upcoming Street Fighter V. She was first seen in the Japanese game magazine Famitsu and through a leak on Twitter. Laura is the third of the four new fighters confirmed for Street Fighter V, the first new female fighter in the game and the third Brazilian fighter to appear in the main game series following Blanka and her younger brother Sean.
Laura has long black hair, the right side being worn loose and the left side starting as cornrow braids before blending with the rest at the back. She has light brown eyes.
She wears a bright green sports bra top with yellow linings which show her cleavage and a tie at the centre, matching bright green martial arts pants with yellow linings with a black belt to her waist, it has black and yellow linings and at the center resembles a bright green thong and black ankle wraps on her feet. She also wears several bracelets in different colors similar to Elena's. The color scheme of her outfit matches the Brazilian flag.
Laura is the older sister of Sean Matsuda. The two of them were trained by their grandfather in the art of the family's Matsuda Jiu-Jitsu. When Sean leaves to become Ken Masters' apprentice, Laura becomes the heir of the art.
Heir to the Matsuda Jiu-Jitsu style, Laura looks for opponents to fight and to promote her fighting style.
Fighting Style and Gameplay
Her fighting style is a original martial art inspired by Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu known as "Matsuda Jiu-Jitsu". Laura uses the art in it's purest form (unlike Sean who mixes the art with his original shoto style). Laura has been seen to use grappling techniques and breaking throws. Some of her kicking moves are similar to Elena's Rhino Horn and she is able to manipulate electricity similar to Blanka. Her Thunder Clap projectile works in a similar fashion to Juri's Fuhajin and some of her special attacks include grabbing her opponent and break their leg while another involves slamming the opponent to the ground and breaking their arm.
Her Critical Art has her grabbing the opponent in a tornado fashion in mid air and slams them to the ground, forming a lightning strike as she spins her opponent in a electric dodge ball (similar to Blanka's first Ultra Combo in the Street Fighter IV games) to finish her opponent with a headlock.
- Laura is the heaviest playable female character in the Street Fighter series.
- Laura's half-loose and half-cornrowed hairstyle is similar to Alicia Keys in her music video "If I Ain't Got You".
- Laura shares some similarities to Eddy Gordo and Katarina Alves from the Tekken series; all three of them being Brazilian fighters, sharing a similar outfit with the former and having a lively and seductive attitude with the latter.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfv/chara_laura.html
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Street Fighter V Stat Card
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt5UP0blMq0
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named