- "Here I come! Ora ora! What's the problem? Don't underestimate me! I'm awesome. Woohoo! Piece of cake.
(行くぞオラァ！ オラオラァ！ どうしたどうした！ ナメんじゃねぇぞ！ トロ過ぎだぜぇ、ィイヤッホウ！ チョー余裕っす。
Ikuzo oraa! Oraoraa! Dou shita-doushita! Namen janee zo! Toro-sugida zee, iiyahhou! Chou yoyuussu.?)"
|Street Fighter Alpha series|
Capcom vs. SNK Pro
Capcom vs. SNK 2
|Street Fighter IV series||Super Combo||+ +|
|Marvel vs. Capcom series||Hyper Combo||+|
|SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium||Super Combo||+|
|SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos||Super Combo||+|
Executed by performing two quarter-forward motions and pressing the taunt button, Dan performs a series of taunts consecutively; the specific taunts vary with the game. One iteration has Dan roll forward and perform a pose, flexing his bicep, then roll again and perform a second such pose. Dan continues to roll and alternate between the two poses several times before performing a slow-motion jump through the air. On landing, Dan displays his signature pose, sticking out his rear end and giving a thumbs-up to the camera with a glint in his smile, making a loud "ping" noise.
The move cannot do any damage, and Dan is fully vulnerable to any attack while the move is in action. However, it can be used to cancel into either of his Ultra Combos in the Street Fighter IV series; a couple of Dan's Trials revolve around comboing regular moves into the Legendary Taunt, and then into his Ultras.
Under most circumstances, the Super Combo is virtually worthless. However, in the Street Fighter IV series, it can potentially be used to lure out inexperienced opponents attempting to take advantage and attack a supposedly unprotected Dan. If the opponent takes the bait, the player can then immediately cancel the Legendary Taunt into either Ultra Combo; the Hissho Buraiken is preferable due to its invincible startup.
- As the Legendary Taunt is one of the most comical Super Combos in Street Fighter, some players find unconventional uses for it. In-game Dan players would attempt to end battles with the fanmade Legendary Taunt Finish to purely annoy the opponent. Some PC players would use mods to make other characters use Dan's Legendary Taunt as if Dan was teaching the rest of the cast the way of the taunt (which is semi fitting as he is technically a mentor type character if only to Sakura).
- While in most appearances Dan simply performs his usual taunts, in the SNK vs. Capcom series, he parodies several taunts from other characters:
- In the Level 2 version in SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium, Dan performs the taunts used by Chun-Li (Gomen ne!), Mai Shiranui, Sakura and Kyo Kusanagi, as well as Akuma's pose after performing the Raging Demon.
- In SVC Chaos, he imitates one of Joe Higashi's taunts, and two of Yuri Sakazaki's taunts.