|This article may or may not be a stub, but it's definitely missing something.|
Specifically: Format to match the rest of the character articles and fix any possible grammar errors.
You can help the Street Fighter Wiki by giving us what we need.
Nagare is a very serious person who doesn't speak much. Shoma and his older brother Shuichi are childhood friends with him and that Shoma himself sees him as a second older brother. When not in any water-related sports, he seems to be absent-minded, but becomes sharp-minded when in the water. Nonetheless, he's a good-natured person who will not hesitate to lend a helping hand whenever needed.
Nagare wears only a swimming cap with goggles on his head and his primary outfit is a opened green jacket with two Gorin emblems on both of his shoulders, black and white swimming trunks and black and yellow aquatic flippers. He also wears two kickboards in both of his hands. In the School Life Mode of Nekketsu Seisyun Nikki 2, Nagare wears this outfit but wears a black tank top underneath his green jacket and wear jogging pants to conceal his trunks. He wears this outfit with or without the jacket. On both Christmas Day and New Years Day, Nagare wears a blue and white athletic attire aside from his primary outfit.
In Project Justice, his green opened jacket and his collar now has white outlines and two Gorin emblems are not seen on his shoulders as he gains only one Gorin emblem at the left side of his jacket.
In the Gorin ending, Nagare wears a casual outfit; a black long sleeved loose button shirt with an extended collar, jeans and leather shoes.
It is unknown how his hair looks, or what color it is, since there has been no official artwork so far showing Nagare without his swimming cap.
In the updated version of Rival Schools: United by Fate, Nagare was introduced as an additional character of Gorin High who had followed Shoma in order to find out on who had attacked and injured the latter's older brother Shuichi. It is later revealed that he had eventually saved and freed Shoma from Justice High's brainwashing control.
Now a student of Gorin's newly-established university branch, Gorin University, Nagare is a member of the university's swim team who also doubles as a swimming coach for Gorin High as well. After Shoma separates from Natsu and Roberto in order to help Momo out, Nagare eventually joins the two in finding Shoma and takes part in defeating both the Darkside Student Congress (Momo, Kurow, and Yurika) and a possessed Hyo.
After the incident, Nagare and Roberto comment to each other about the newly-formed comical love triangle between Shoma, Natsu, and Momo.
Most of Nagare's moves make use of techniques in swimming, making him one of the weirdest fighters in Rival Schools.
His Team-Up assist, aside from being the weirdest, is also the weakest (as of Project Justice). His limbs, however, give him good range that can keep opponents at bay.
Both of his Burning Vigor Attacks can be used in indirect sequence. The player can start with the Hyper Frantic Leg, launching the opponent into the air. From there, the player can execute an Air Combo, then finish it with any of the Solo Medley's four versions.
- Plunge (Japanese: 飛び込み Tobikomi) - Nagare jumps high and dives towards the opponent. This is good for keeping jumping opponents at bay. It is also usable in the air, where it makes an excellent Air Combo finisher. In the aerial version, Nagare dives straight downward. If either version entirely misses, Nagare is fully vulnerable to counterattacks while on the ground in a prone position.
- Breaststroke Kick (Japanese: 平泳ぎキック Hira Oyogi Kick) - Nagare does a low frog-style kick that must be blocked low. Its Hard Kick version can be made to score two more hits, the last hit knocking the opponent off their feet.
- Artificial Respiration (Japanese: 人工呼吸 Jinkou Kokyuu) - Nagare performs cardio-pulmonary resuscitation on the opponent.
Burning Vigor AttacksEdit
- Solo Medley (Japanese: 個人メドレー Kojin Medley) - Nagare swims toward the opponent in mid-air. It can also be used in the air for an Air Combo finisher, giving this move four versions, depending on where it is done, and on the punch button pressed for this attack's button combination:
Ground Version One
Nagare swims parallel to the ground.
Ground Version Two
Nagare does a forward ascending backstroke 45 degrees up.
Aerial Version One
Same as the first ground version.
Aerial Version Two
Nagare swims 45 degrees downward until he reaches ground level, where it becomes the same as the first ground version.
- Hyper Frantic Leg (Japanese: 超バタ足 Chou Bata Ashi) - Nagare sits on the ground and repeatedly kicks his legs, so it must be blocked low. This also launches the opponent into the air; good for starting Air Combos.
- Synchronized Attack (シンクロナイズドアタック) - The active character, Nagare, and the opponent all engage in a bout of synchronized swimming on dry land, with the last hit sending the opponent skyward. If the player is fast enough, an Air Combo can be started. The nature of this attack is considering "odd" by several fans. On top of that, this is the weakest Team-Up assist as of Project Justice.
- Nagare does the Hot-Blooded Giant Wheel.
- Jinkou kokyuu (人工呼吸) literally means 'artificial respiration', but is commomnly translated as CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) in most literature.
- The following details on Nagare's life is as described:
- He has been friends with the Sawamura brothers (Shoma and Shuichi) since childhood.
- He is good at all water-related sports, and fares poorly in almost any subject that does not involve the water.
- Before graduating to university, he was the ace of Gorin High's swimming club.
- His official epithet is "Sleeping Flying Fish".
- As of Project Justice, he is the only playable character to represent Gorin University.
- His taunt is shown that he's slapping his right head twice which he's trying to remove the water from his left ear. This method is actually used during swimming in real life.
- He is voiced by Shin'ichiro Miki.
- In Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix, Akuma, in one of his disguised forms as a swimmer, can do Nagare's Plunge during his special attack and after performing his Tenma Gozanku Mighty Combo.
|Rival Schools Characters|
|Rival Schools: United by Fate|| Akira · Batsu · Boman · Daigo · Edge · Gan · Hayato|
Hideo · Hinata · Hyo · Kyoko · Kyosuke · Natsu
Raizo · Roberto · Roy · Sakura · Shoma · Tiffany
|Nekketsu Seisyun Nikki 2||Nagare · Ran|
|Project Justice||Chairperson · Kurow · Momo · Yurika · Zaki|