The Nishokyaku (二翔脚 Nishoukyaku?, "Two Soaring Legs"), also known informally as the "Dragon Kicks" or "Up Kicks", is one of Yun's special attacks, introduced in Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike. It replaces the Senkyutai used in previous games.
Description[edit | edit source]
Executed by performing a Shoryuken motion? and pressing kick, Yun performs a pair of alternating jumping kicks, leading with the back leg.
The distance and height are determined by the kick button pressed: the light kick version barely leaves the ground; the medium kick version goes about half a screen's distance to the top; and the heavy kick version goes all the way to the top of the screen. The EX Special version travels twice as quickly at the heavy kick version's height.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
The attack's hitbox and trajectory make it difficult to use as a truly effective anti-air, but it can be useful for juggles, especially in the open for the lighter versions or in the corner with either version. Having Genei Jin active also doubles its effectiveness.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This move shares many similarities with the Renkantai (連環腿? "Chain Loop Thigh"); the move is used by characters in many other fighting games who also utilize other moves from the same/similar fighting styles:
- Athena Asamiya from the King of Fighters series.
- Kyo Kusanagi from the King of Fighters series, through his 75 Shiki: Kai (七拾五式: 改? "Method 75 Revise") (which is a literal modified version of his close standing heavy kick from The King of Fighters '94).
- Miyako Arima from the Melty Blood series.
- Rin Tohsaka and Kirei Kotomine from Fate/Unlimited Codes.
- Akira Yuuki of Virtua Fighter.
- Both Jin Long and Shenlong from the Bloody Roar series, with the former having the Renkantai move itself and the latter's version being called Niki Bunkyaku (二起分脚? "Two Rousing Segment Legs").
- Enkidu AKA Enkidou Gaien of Under Night In-Birth.
- Lu Xun's Dynasty Warriors portrayal as of the seventh installment, where he possess a variation of it instead named as the Blaze Kick, AKA Enkantai (炎環腿? "Flame Loop Thigh), which acts as his Musou I attack.
- Karin's Mujinkyaku has similar effects but hers does not leave the ground at all, and as mentioned above, is meant for juggles.
Sprites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|Yun's Move List|
|Unique Attacks||Senpukyaku • Raigeki Shu • Koushu • Dakai • Ku Rensui|
|Special Attacks||Zesshou Hohou • Senkyutai • Kobokushi • Nishokyaku • Zenpou Tenshin • Tetsuzanko • Shukuchi Rimon Chochu • Renkan Shoko|
|Super Combos||Sorai Rengeki • You Hou • Hiten Souryujin • Genei Jin • Raishin Mahhaken|
|Super Arts||Tenshin Senkyutai • Sorai Rengeki • Genei Jin • You Hou|
|Ultra Combos||You Hou • Sorai Rengeki|