A police force is a constituted body of persons empowered by the state to enforce the law, protect property, and limit civil disorder. Their powers include the legitimized use of force. The term is most commonly associated with police services of a sovereign state that are authorized to exercise the police power of that state within a defined legal or territorial area of responsibility. Law enforcement, however, constitutes only part of policing activity. Policing has included an array of activities in different situations, but the predominant ones are concerned with the preservation of order. They constantly fight criminals such as Shadaloo.
Notable police officers[edit | edit source]
Chun-Li[edit | edit source]
Chun-Li was a policewoman before joining the International Criminal Police Organization.
Dave[edit | edit source]
- Metro City. Dave is a corrupt policeman from
Dorai[edit | edit source]
- Dorai was a Hong Kong police officer that disappeared while investigating Shadaloo.
Edi. E[edit | edit source]
- Edi. E is a corrupt policeman from Metro City.
Jairo Rodriguez[edit | edit source]
Lucia[edit | edit source]
- Lucia is a detective for Metro City's Special Crimes Unit.
Mahesh[edit | edit source]
- (マヘシュ?) is an Indian police officer that Dhalsim takes as a yoga disciple in Street Fighter V. Mahesh
Michael[edit | edit source]
Miguel Corti[edit | edit source]
Miguel Corti (ミゲル・コーティ?) is a New York police officer with a strong sense of justice. He partnered with Jairo to solve a case.
Peter Zonta[edit | edit source]
- (ピーター・ゾンタ?) is a Brazilian police officer. Peter Zonta
Sgt. Sims[edit | edit source]
- Sgt. Sims is a Metro City police officer.
Others[edit | edit source]
Several police officers appear in Final Fight: Streetwise with varying roles, such as blocking paths to avoid early access and asking for Kyle's assistance in dealing with criminals. In a side mission Kyle must protect a Cop from criminals while he searches a phone to call for backup. Kyle can also hire a cop to assist him.