|This article may or may not be a stub, but it's definitely missing something.|
Specifically: Format to match the rest of the character articles and fix any possible grammar errors.
You can help the Street Fighter Wiki by giving us what we need.
Roberto Miura (ロベルト 三浦 Roberuto Miura) is a fighting game character in the Rival Schools games.
Roberto possesses a cool and shy side. Most of the time, he's a quiet loner. Nonetheless, he will not abandon anyone who is in need of help. Outside the soccer field, he's a cool guy, but becomes hot-blooded when inside it. He gives it his all whenever he makes the team's make-or-break shot. In the School Life Mode of Nekketsu Seisyun Nikki 2, Roberto often helps the player to get things at the sport shop and assisting both the instructor Mari Nanase and his close friends Natsu and Nagare during the School Fair Day.
Roberto has medium-length fluffy neck brown hair and wears a blue opened cap to conceal his eyes. One of his default win animations has him shown half of his eyes beneath his opened cap and his eyes are shown to be brown. This was changed in Project Justice where his eyes are covered with full fringes beneath the cap.
His primary outfit is a long sleeve yellow and blue stripe collared jersey with a Gorin emblem on his right chest, blue shorts with white folded sleeves, yellow socks and navy blue and red sneakers. It has extra blue lines on both sleeves of his shirt. He wears red and black gloves.
In his, Shoma's, and Natsu's endings from Rival Schools: United by Fate, his Gorin summer uniform consists of a white short sleeved loose collared shirt with a Gorin emblem at the left side and an extended collar, blue jeans and his navy blue and red sneakers. In the School Life Mode of Nekketsu Seisyun Nikki 2, Roberto often wears his primary outfit, his school uniform and his casual outfit. During the School Fair Day, Roberto wears his winter school uniform but without the jacket and sweater vest and the sleeves from his white long sleeve button shirt was folded into cuffs. He also wears a semi-formal attire during Christmas Day. On New Years Day, Roberto's blue opened cap is replaced with a blue and white winter bonnet while wearing his winter casual outfit.
Roberto is a member of Gorin High's soccer team. Though he is quarter-Brazilian, his nationality is Japanese. Upon learning that the highest-ranking member of every sports team in Gorin High was attacked and that two students from different teams, Shoma and Natsu, started conducting an investigation, he joined the two in the quest. Throughout the story, he serves as a moderator between Natsu and Shoma whenever the two argue. He accidentally breaks his left arm towards the end of the mission, worrying him because he will not be able to play his preferred position in the soccer team, as goalkeeper. A scout, however, offered him a chance to play as a forward. Roberto is excitedly thankful to the scout and proceeds into using both of his hands to grab and shake the scout's own right hand, which causes Roberto to comically and inadvertently hurt his injured left arm from within the process of his current action and that both the scout and his mother soon laugh at him from within a playful and amusing manner.
Roberto is once again caught in the middle of Natsu and Shoma's argument. This time, it was whether or not they should investigate on who had attacked Momo from earlier on. Shoma eventually splits from the team and decides to go with Momo, unaware that he was being used as an unwitting and unsuspecting pawn to create further chaos and distrust that Kurow had started. Roberto, along with Natsu, eventually meet up with Nagare and continue on with the investigation, unaware that Momo had ordered the brainwashed Daigo to deal with them upon sight. Later on, Shoma returns to the team after being unexpectedly betrayed by Momo, with the latter soon becoming a part of the group herself in due time after being shockingly betrayed by Kurow and that Shoma had surprisingly came to her defense (along with saving her from getting her head chopped off by Demon Hyo).
After the incident, Roberto and Nagare comment to each other about the newly-formed love triangle between Shoma, Natsu, and Momo as Shoma himself was comically chased by both Natsu and Momo.
Roberto utilizes his Soccer skills and techniques as part of his fighting style. He can also utilizes a somersault kick to launch the opponent in mid-air and taking them down into the ground with an aerial version of the same move during an air combo. One of his moves can confuse the opponent as well as grabbing the opponent down and heavily kicks them into the ground. Like Shoma, Natsu and Momo, Roberto's projectile involves the use of soccer balls. His Burning Vigor can be very damaging which is to set his opponent a blaze in a massive damage.
- Long Shoot (ロングシュート) - Roberto kicks a soccer ball. This has two versions, which are dependent on the kick button pressed for this attack's button combination:
The ball follows a mid-ranged trajectory, landing halfway across the field.
The ball goes at an upward angle of approximately 20 to 30 degrees, giving it infinite range. Done from afar, this makes a good anti-air attack.
- Shining Save (シャイニングセーブ) - This is Roberto's most popular move among Rival Schools players. On the ground, this knocks down standing opponents. This becomes more deadly in the air, wherein he catches the opponent, slams the latter headfirst into the ground, and finally kicks them some distance away. If done in the air, however, there is a chance that this attack may entirely miss, making him vulnerable upon landing to the ground.
- Perfect Catch (パーフェクトキャッチ) - With hands extended forward in a Hadouken-like manner, Roberto generates a glowing vacuum that can cancel out most projectile attacks as well as their Burning Vigor Attack versions. It can't, however, cancel out Kyosuke's Diffusion Cross Cutter at close range.
- Overhead Kick (オーバーヘッドキック) - Roberto jumps and does a somersaulting kick. This is best used as an anti-air attack. Its Hard Kick version, if blocked, will have Roberto landing behind the opponent.
- Bicycle Kick (バイシクルキック) - This is the aerial version of the Overhead Kick. This is also a good Air Combo finisher, although most players would go for the Shining Save, which is more powerful. This attack may hit once or twice, depending on the kick button pressed for this attack's button combination. Although less powerful than the Shining Save, this attack has higher chances of hitting the opponent.
- Sliding Kick (スライディングキック) - Roberto does a sidestep, then does a sliding kick that must be blocked low.
- Feint (フェイント) - Roberto uses his agility to move around the opponent. He cannot attack throughout the entire sequence, but the opponent will have difficulty scoring a hit. This can only be foiled by a sweeping kick, or a support-type Team-Up technique (e.g. Tiffany's Love and Peace, or Hinata's Guts-a-Hundredfold). Players usually use this against human opponents to make the latter frustrated.
Burning Vigor AttacksEdit
- Exploding Fury V-Goal (Japanese: 爆裂Ｖゴール Bakuretsu V-Goal) - This is the powered version of the Long Shoot. Unlike the Long Shoot, however, it travels straight across the field. Furthermore, this is also usable in the air, wherein this attack has faster recovery than the ground version.
- Exploding Fury Lifting (Japanese: 爆裂リフティング Bakuretsu Lifting) - Roberto does two knee strikes to the opponent before sending the latter skyward with a kick. He then follows suit and delivers a two-hit Bicycle Kick that briefly sets the opponent aflame.
- Exploding Fury Lifting 2 (Japanese: 爆裂リフティング Bakuretsu Lifting 2) - Roberto's second version of his Exploding Fury Lifting. Instead of doing knee strikes, Roberto somersaults the opponent skyward. He then follows suit and delivers a single kick and a punch followed by another kick and heavily knocks the opponent with a two-hit Bicycle Kick but not setting his opponent aflame.
- Trap Double Shoot (トラップＷシュート) - Roberto and the active character toss the opponent to each other before both of them deliver a mighty kick to the opponent's guts.
- Roberto does the Hot-Blooded Giant Wheel.
- The following details on Roberto's life is as described:
- Aside from his parents, he has two younger twin siblings named Nelson and Elton. Both are in the third grade of elementary school.
- With regard to academic performance, he excels in English and physical education, but fares poorly in Japanese and mathematics.
- He is able to quickly fire a gun. To this day, however, he has never fired a gun with real bullets.
- Roberto's assistant soccer coach is Mari Nanase, a shy but helpful young woman. She also appears as one of the instructors during the School Life Mode in Nekketsu Seisyun Nikki 2.
As with the Pacific High characters, his name is written in the Western format--first name, followed by the last name (Roberto Miura instead of the Oriental format Miura Roberto).
- He is voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa.
- His official epithet is "Genius (Goal) Keeper".
- He shares the same first name with Roberto Hongo from the classic manga/anime series Captain Tsubasa. Both characters are quarter Brazilians as well as players who play soccer.
|Rival Schools Characters|
|Rival Schools: United by Fate|| Akira · Batsu · Boman · Daigo · Edge · Gan · Hayato|
Hideo · Hinata · Hyo · Kyoko · Kyosuke · Natsu
Raizo · Roberto · Roy · Sakura · Shoma · Tiffany
|Nekketsu Seisyun Nikki 2||Nagare · Ran|
|Project Justice||Chairperson · Kurow · Momo · Yurika · Zaki|