This is a page listing Sagat's references in general pop culture since his debut in the original Street Fighter.
Street Fighter Edit
- Fellow Capcom villain Sigma (from the Mega Man X series) bears a little resemblence to Sagat in terms of facial features.
- In the Capcom vs. SNK series when Sagat defeats an enemy, he sometimes makes a reference to the original Street Fighter by saying; "Try again, kid." This is also one of Sagat's winning quotes in Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.
- Sagat appears in a poster in Resident Evil Survivor.
Other video games Edit
- The Gatling Kicks special attack of fellow Muay Thai fighter Bruce Irvin (from the Tekken series) is similar to Sagat's Critical Art, Tiger Rampage.
- Another Tekken character and Muay Thai fighter, Fahkumram, is similar to Sagat in terms of physical build and height.
- Also, two of his customization outfits have a near resemblance to both Sagat's default outfit and battle costume in Street Fighter V. The difference between one of the outfit and Sagat's battle costume is that the former wears a long vest with a white and gold headband, the long necklace adorned with flowers are gold, the rose designs are dark pink, and he wears off-white boxing gloves and a black ankle support.
Comics and Manga Edit
- Sagat bears a similarity with Baki character Doppo Orochi. Both are generally connected to tigers in some way, both are bald, and both sport an eyepatch on their right eye.
Television and Animations Edit
- In the Season 6 episode of Regular Show, "Benson's Suit", one of the evil men that the suit talks about resembles Sagat.
- Tong Po, the main villain from the 1989 film Kickboxer, bears some similarities to Sagat. Like Sagat, Tong Po's height towers over most of his opponents (although in Sagat's case, this is extreme), he is bald and he is also the Muay Thai champion of Thailand.
- Sagat makes a brief cameo in Ready Player One alongside Ryu, Blanka, and Chun-Li. He is seen briefly in the battlefield.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.