- In Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact, Sakura is alluded to by Ryu in his winquote to Yun ("You posses great ability for your age. I have rarely seen such potential. Only once before..."), mentioning that he met someone with incredible potential before.
- The character of Black Widow (from Capcom's Slam Masters series) was stated to be one of the inspirations behind Sakura.
- Sakura's childhood friend, Rival Schools character Hinata Wakaba has a similar appearance; wearing headband, school uniform, gloves and sneakers. In addition, two of her moves, Embukyaku and Sunrise Punch, resembles Sakura's Shunpukyaku and Shouoken respectively.
- In the science fiction action-adventure game Crimson Tears, after completing certain conditions, the player can unlock character skins of Sakura, Ryu, Chun-Li and Guile.
- Sakura, alongside with Ryu, was also making an appearance in Monster Hunter: World.
- Sakura, alongside other Street Fighter characters, appears in the card game Teppen.
Other video gamesEdit
- Ling Xiaoyu from the Tekken series shares some similarities with Sakura, namely because they are the first "schoolgirl" characters to be introduced in their respective series and have romantic attraction to their respective main characters (i.e. Jin Kazama and Ryu).
- The main difference between them in their respective games are, Xiaoyu is constantly searching for Jin since their debut in Tekken 3 and as of Tekken 7, she is unaware of Jin's current condition (who became weak and comatose following his battle with Azazel) during her constant search from his sudden disappearance while Sakura is constantly encounter with Ryu whenever they met.
- Asuka Kazama (also from the Tekken series) is similar and often compared to Sakura and vice-versa. Sakura has also Asuka's school outfit as her swap costume in Street Fighter X Tekken.
- In Street Fighter V, her Story costume has a minor resemblance to her Swap Costume.
- Yuri Sakazaki from SNK's The King of Fighters series shares some mannerisms with Sakura. The latter's Battle costume in Street Fighter V bears a minor resemblance to Yuri's main outfit.
- Shingo Yabuki, also from The King of Fighters series, shares even more similarities with Sakura; they are both "school student"-type fighting youngsters trying to emulate the fighting styles of their respective masters (who also happen to be their series' respective lead protagonists). Shingo, however, gets less respect from his idol Kyo Kusanagi than Sakura from Ryu.
- Wakaba from Konami's Suikoden series bears a slight resemblance to Sakura; both being cheerful headband-wearing fighters who idolizes their masters (though in Wakaba's case, she becomes Long Chan Chan's apprentice).
- Sakura Shinguji's (from Sega's Sakura Wars series) appearance and primary outfit resembles one of Sakura's disguised forms in Pocket Fighter as her hakama is purple, her ribbon is white and wears a pink Japanese geta instead of wearing toe shoes while wielding a naginata instead of a katana wielded by her. The naginata that Sakura wields resemble the same naginata wielded by Sumire Kanzaki, another character from Sakura Wars.
- Sakura shares some few personality traits with Videl from the Dragon Ball series.
- Sakura has been compared to Masashi Kishimoto's Naruto character Sakura Haruno, who also happens to have a fighting rival named Karin (though the latter case regards the kunoichis' infatuation Sasuke Uchiha).
- Sakura also shares similarities and has been compared with Bumblebee from the Transformers series.
Television and AnimationsEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.