- "It is God's will! Time to return to harmony. Seraphic Wing! You must accept your fate./Welcome to your death. (顕現せり! 調和へ帰る時だ。セラフィックウイング! 定めを受け入れよ。/安息の時だ。 Kengen seri! Chōwa e kaeru tokida. Serafikku Uingu! Sadame o ukeireyo./Ansoku no tokida.?)"
- —Gill, Street Fighter V
- "Let me be the blesser of all souls."
- —Gill, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
The Seraphic Wing (セラフィックウイング Serafikku Uingu?) is one of Gill's Super Arts, introduced in Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike. Like his other two Arts, it is not visible on the character select screen, and is always available to him. In Street Fighter V, this move is Gill's Critical Art.
|Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike||+|
|Street Fighter V||+|
Description[edit | edit source]
Executed by performing two quarter-circle forward motions and pressing kick, Gill floats to the center of the screen, and just before the attack properly triggers, he declares, "Let me be the blesser of all souls!". During this time, the attack can be stopped if the opponent hits him; in this case, the Super Gauge Stock is not emptied. Once there, he sprouts six white wings and radiates circular waves of multicolored energy which reach all over the screen.
In Street Fighter V: Champion Edition, this attack is instead executed by performing two quarter-circle forward motions and pressing punch. Gill summons a close-range energy ball of light to initiate the move. If it connects, six wings form on Gill's back as he unleashes his full power, sending off a massive wave of energy in all directions to obliterate his opponent.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
In Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, Seraphic Wing is unavoidable, and cannot be parried. If blocked, it can inflict up to around 25% in chip damage, whereas not blocking can result in an instant KO. The damage inflicted seems to be dependent on where the opponent is on the screen. It can deal up to 20 hits, but after the attack finishes and the wings have disappeared, there is a large window in which he is helpless and vulnerable to attack. However, the only way to deal with this attack without being damaged is to hit him out of it before he starts.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Seraphic Wing refers to seraphim, the six-winged, highest order of angels in Jewish and Christian beliefs.
- Seraphic Wing and the Kongou Kokuretsuzan are the only Super Arts that have a 'strike' hitbox but cannot be parried.
- In Street Fighter V, the use of camera mods shows that Gill's opponent disappears at the point when the camera would normally cut to a close-up of Gill.
- In Namco Bandai's Soul Calibur V, Elysium's Critical Edge functions and even looks similar to Gill's Seraphic Wing.
- In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Tabuu's "Off Waves" ability is quite similar to Gill's Seraphic Wing.
- During the start-up of the attack, a choir chimes in. In Street Fighter V, it happens once more during the cinematic sequence.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Sprites[edit | edit source]
Video[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|Gill's Move List|
|Unique Attacks||Palm Upper • Quarrel Kick • Cryo Drop Elbow • Pyro Quarrel Kick • Cryo Rise Kick • Guilty Straight • Penalty Break|
|V-Skills||Divine Comet • Blocking|
|V-Reversal||Pyro Reverse Kick|
|V-Triggers||Primal Fire • Ice of Doom|
|Special Attacks||Pyrokinesis • Cryokinesis • Cyber Lariat • Moonsault Knee Drop • Psycho Headbutt|
|Super Arts||Resurrection • Meteor Strike • Seraphic Wing|
|Critical Arts||Seraphic Wing • Resurrection • Meteor Strike|