The Skull Cross Gang (スカルクロス Sukarukurosu?) is a street gang in Metro City, similar to the now-disbanded Mad Gear Gang, who made their first and only appearance in Final Fight 3 as the game's main antagonists. Much unlike Metro City's former terror of Mad Gear, a gang of miscreants and bad dudes with a late 1980s flair for easy money, Skull Cross is a more violent and renegade gang of dangerous criminals reflective of the early 1990s, whose penchant for civil disturbance and unrest looms over changing times and social rebellion.
The Skull Cross Gang was once a subordinate sub-group of the Mad Gear Gang and that it is led by Black, who serves as both the leader and founder of Skull Cross itself. However, after Mad Gear's final downfall and complete destruction in Final Fight 2, an uprising of vandalism, terrorism, and death had soon spawned out of its own remains and through this, the Skull Cross Gang had quickly fought and won the battle against Metro City's other local street gangs in a violent gang war to determine on who would succeed Mad Gear in being the new dominant criminal organization of Metro City's criminal underworld. With both their victory secured over the other local street gangs and also having to expand and bolster their own group as well, the Skull Cross Gang had eventually planned to make their own move in having to seize and take control of the city.
When the Skull Cross Gang had detonated a bomb at a police station in Metro City, Detective Lucia of the Special Crimes Unit had quickly went to Mayor Mike Haggar in order to ask for his help, to which he had gladly obliged to as he had wanted to figure out on what exactly was going on at the moment. Guy, who was currently visiting Haggar at the time of the incident, had also agreed to help assist his old friend as well. Before the incident itself had took place, the Skull Cross Gang had tried to recruit a local street fighter named Dean, but when he had refused to join them, they had viciously retaliated by murdering his own family as a cruel act of malicious punishment towards him. As a result of this, Dean had vowed to avenge his family's death via the complete destruction of Skull Cross and that Dean himself soon joins up with Haggar, Guy, and Lucia, wanting to help assist them from within their new and dangerous mission.
From there, the quartet of Haggar, Guy, Lucia, and Dean had made their way to the police station, only to find it reduced to rubble. They fought some of the gang members there, eventually meeting Dave, a corrupt police officer who served as a double agent for Skull Cross (much akin to his predecessor Edi. E who had served as a double agent for Mad Gear). They defeated him and moved on as the Skull Cross Gang had unexpectedly started riots throughout the city, using the chaos as a smokescreen to free their leader, Black from prison. The heroes then headed to a bar to stop the Skull Cross Gang, where they were attacked by Callman, another member of Skull Cross. After defeating him, they pursued the gang to the trainyard and fought Caine, the gang's mechanic. Next, they boarded a ship called the Sims and defeated both the gang members and Drake, the ship's captain who was smuggling weapons for Skull Cross. When they reached the dock, a gang member named Bull tried to push them into the water with a bulldozer, but they were able to stop him at the last second.
After going through a local Chinese restaurant, which was owned by Wong, a huge Chinese-American chef who had smuggled both food and resources for the Skull Cross Gang, the heroes' next stop was a factory, where the gang was presumably manufacturing weapons that they could use to take over the city. The quartet was then attacked by several gang members and Stray, the murderer of Dean's family, but Dean had killed Stray after a tough and intense fight, finally avenging his family. The Skull Cross Gang's trail had soon led the heroes to one of the tallest buildings in Metro City, which had served as the gang's headquarters. From there, the quartet had fought and battled their way past legions of thugs in order to finally reach the rooftop of the building, where a helicopter had soon landed on it and that Black himself had swiftly jumped out of the helicopter in order to fight and battle against them upon sight. After a long and difficult battle, Black was knocked back into a high-voltage transformer, electrocuting him to death and ending the Skull Cross Gang's evil plans to take over Metro City.
- G / Johnny - the lowest-ranking member of the Skull Cross Gang. Not a big threat; attacks with an occasional punch or kick.
- Billy / Ray - another low-ranking member of the Skull Cross Gang. Fights with a three-punch combo and likes attacking from the rear.
- Dirk / Rick - a relatively weak thug who fights with metal claws. Will use a charging attack at a distance.
- Arby / Fat Jack - a large, fat thug, much like Elick and Bill Bull. Attacks mostly with shoulder charges and occasional slaps.
- Hunter - a tall thug who wears a hockey mask and a baseball cap. Has a punch and a sliding attack, and carries a baseball bat that can do severe damage.
- Joe - a short, thin thug who wears a muzzle. Has a dodge roll and a grab and loves attacking from the rear.
- Fritz - a thug who runs in and hurls hand grenades, much like Holly Wood.
- May - the only female thug. Fights with kicks and bladed bracers. Unlike Poison, Roxy, Mary, and Eliza, May doesn't have a named palette swap.
- Andore - Andore returns yet again, serving as the Skull Cross Gang's powerhouse. This was the last gang he worked for before turning over a new leaf in Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact and Ultra Street Fighter IV.
- Dave - a corrupt cop who works for the Skull Cross Gang. Looks a little like Edi. E from Final Fight.
- Callman - the head bouncer and owner of a club affiliated with the gang located on the backstreets of Metro City. Can also be encountered on the street.
- Caine - an antisocial mechanic who works for the Skull Cross Gang. Slow and nearsighted (myopic), but has a long reach with his wrench.
- Drake - a pirate who worked as a sailor before joining the Skull Cross Gang. Uses an anchor as a weapon.
- Wong - a Chinese-American chef who rules over Chinatown's criminal underworld. Looks a little like Won Won from Final Fight 2.
- Stray - a vicious fighter who awaits Haggar and his friends in the factory. Very agile and uses spiked knuckles. Responsible for murdering Dean's family.
- Black - the militaristic leader of the Skull Cross Gang and the game's final boss. Fights with a riding crop, throws knives, and even fires a powerful short-ranged burst of blue flame akin to Guy's. Very similar to Rolento in both visual and fighting style.
- Skull Cross is otherwise known by an undercover street alias under any business and enterprise that is governed under the name of "Sims". This includes Club Sims, the famous backstreet club run by Callman, the S.S. Sims, chartered by Drake, and Sims Inc., which runs both a secret black market weapons factory under the guise of an abandoned industrial park entered through the sewers and a corporate headquarters facilitated in a prominent skyscraper in Metro City's Uptown.
- May is the only female enemy in the Final Fight series who wasn't replaced by a male enemy in the international version of the game.
- G is black in the Japanese version of the game and white in the international versions.
- Joe shares his name with a Street Fighter character.
- Billy shares his name with Poison's male replacement from the original Final Fight.
- Andore is the only returning enemy character from both the original Final Fight and Final Fight 2.