I vote no deletion. He's still rumored but we've got enough rumor information to warrant a page. KhaosKontrol 20:37, February 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Same here, eventualy he will be officially announced and the proof really is all here. User:Nathbud789 20:58, February 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Hakan is all but confirmed; we know that there a will be A tenth character who has something to with oil because of the official trailer. And his name and description were alongside those of Juri before Juri was even mentioned. The only things on the page that might even plausibly be false is his name (they may change it), but "Hakan" will do (even, at worst, as a placeholder) until we get confirmation But yeah, he's all but confirmed.--Evilsbane 22:17, February 24, 2010 (UTC)
Even though the chances of him existing are extremely likely, it'd be better if we waited for an official announcement before getting ahead of ourselves. At best, this page is just room for speculation at the moment. NinjaCoachZ 21:12, February 25, 2010 (UTC)
- I still don't see a problem with that. Think of it this way - a casual player who doesn't pay much attention to the news drops watches the 3S reveal trailer. At the end, the teaser about "oiling up" piques his interest. His search lands him on the Street Fighter Wikia and he is able to access the page about Hakan. The page contains pretty much everything we know about the character so far, and is even specific in saying that Hakan may not be his final name and that most of the information on the page is "theory." However, if the page did not exist the casual fan would be left to scour the rest of the internet for information. Seeing how this Street Fighter Wikia is a collection of information about Street Fighter, I don't see it as being far-fetched for us to have a page about this potential character. And, worst comes to worst and Capcom sacks the Hakan idea at the last minute (doubtful), we can simply remove the page. Just my three cents. KhaosKontrol 00:10, February 26, 2010 (UTC)
- He's confirmed now, so it isn't up for deletion anymore. My main gripe was that the entire article seemed to be speculation/fan buzzing and "See right there? Evidence!" and I would have preferred it if it were a tad more formal. NinjaCoachZ 02:35, March 10, 2010 (UTC)
Well, I only made the page once the SF3 character trailer confirmed that there would be A tenth character. "Hakan" was basically just a better name for an article than "tenth SSF4 character whose identity is technically unconfirmed".
In any case, he's confirmed now so as you say, the point is moot. Now onto more pressing matters; those matters being: "WHAT THE ****? Hakan is the most bizarre character I've seen in a Street Fighter game in quite a while. When they said 'red' I had no idea that they actually meant HIM and not his clothes. And what's the deal with his hair?". Discuss.--Evilsbane 01:03, March 11, 2010 (UTC)
- By far he's the strangest addition to street fighter since Oro, Q, and Nerco. His red body is an embarrassment Blanka's green body color to shame, I haven't seen a fighting style that bizarre since... actually, it tops that list too. Disclaimer: H.R.48 hasn't played any street fighter games beyond the SFII series. Also, shouldn't this be moved to a forum? I'll make it, how's "Forum:Hakan?!?!" sound? HavocReaper48 01:29, March 11, 2010 (UTC)
all i gotta say to dan & rufus is: "A new comedian has entered the ring!", looks like they have some serious competition, lol. hakans 2nd ultra says it all. TheDarkPrinceReturns! 01:39, March 11, 2010 (UTC)
A few things...Edit
Heya, I'm sure everyone's abuzz over the addition of the tenth and final character for SSFIV, so this page'll be getting a lot of visits. I did some preliminary work on the layout, included what story I could dig up (official stuff of course), a description of appearance and started talking about his techniques. A few problems I ran into, however:
- I used Google Translate for deciphering the official Capcom Japanese character website, with which I was able to successfully glean his stats, backstory and some other minor details. However, Google Translate kept giving me this term, Jarl Gyureshu, when referencing his fighting style. I'm not sure if this is a proper name for his fighting style or just a strange translation error. It does sound sort of like Yagli Gures when you say it out loud, so I'm leaning towards translation hiccup. Couple that with the fact that I'm, like, 99% sure Hakan practices Yagli Gures but, who knows? Maybe Capcom made up some fighting style name for him?
- If I'm not mistaken I think the name of Hakan's wife appeared in the text on his official page, but Google Translate failed me once again there and couldn't quite decipher it. If we have anyone who's fluent in Japanese perhaps we can get another snippet of info. I'll do some digging as well.
- Can we maybe clear out this "No Deletion" stuff? Not much point for it now.
Is there any information about what his family name may be (assuming Hakan is his first name) and what the name of his waifu or 7 daughter's might be and stuff about them? It seems a fundamental aspect of his character that he fights for their wellbeing through the success of his oil business. Ty 18:04, December 25, 2010 (UTC)
As far as I know Capcom has so far not revealed his wife and daughters' names or released any info about them, I hope they will soon one day. Plus, I also hope they will make Hakan's hot wife playable one day, of all the NPC characters she is the one I want to be playable the most. ;) 18.104.22.168 17:02, July 2, 2013 (UTC)
We could always ask Ono on his Twitter account what their names are. I don't find it likely we will get an answer but it never hurts to try once. And I agree with you awc 46, his wife should be made playable. 22.214.171.124 16:57, August 25, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Character Theme Edit
okay i've been listening to the ssfiv ost a lot recently and i swear in his song the female voice is saying "yağlı", as in yağlı güreş (turkish oil wrestling)