- For the special attack, see Tanden Engine (special attack).
- "Show me everything! Install. (すべて お みせる。インストール。 Subete o miseru. Insutōru.?)"
- —Seth, Street Fighter V: Champion Edition
(After hitting Tanden Install)
Executed by pressing Medium Punch and Medium Kick simultaneously, Seth brings his hands together in front of his abdomen and generates a miniature black hole which sucks the opponent towards him. By pressing any punch button when his opponent is in range, Seth performs Tanden Install. He places a hand on their head while thrusting his other hand into their midsection (also known as the tanden) to absorb one of their special attacks.
By pressing Medium Punch and Medium Kick after the installment, Seth can use Install Art which is performing his opponent's special attacks, depending on the character he absorbs from. Some moves have differing juggle properties to the original moves, allowing them to be used in a wider variety of combo situations.
List of Install ArtEdit
Unlike the original special attack from Street Fighter IV which dealt no damage by itself, the suction effect of the Tanden Engine V-Skill deals 10 damage, whilst also bringing the opponent closer to Seth. If it hits, Seth can press any punch button to use Tanden Install which deals 54 additional damage and copies one special move from the opponent. This copied move can then be executed by pressing V-Skill again. This gives the move a lot of versatility, depending on the character match-up and the player's own intuition.
Upon copying, Seth can use the opponent's special move as a part of his combos; though the copied moves are predetermined, they appear to be intended for his advantages in his play style. In a broad summary, his copied attacks are meant for the purpose of setting up or are to be set up, be it for extra damage and okizeme, or against certain zoning characters, he can perform a projectile of his own to control spacing.
For a more detailed analysis, his copied attacks allow him to utilize cornerstone moves crucial to that character's playstyle, and allows for openings for combos of his own and to apply a passive degree of pressure on the opponent as a "secret weapon". Install Arts can be cancelled from special moves, allowing Seth to tack on damage as opposed to ending his combos early. For example, a standing Heavy Punch into Heavy Punch Hecatoncheires links to a Light Punch or Light Kick, which subsequently leads to a Light Punch Hecatoncheires, which then ends with an Install Art if compatible.
- When Seth steals Ibuki's Kasumi Gake he also uses her unique aesthetic after image when she uses her own version of the attack (as well as when she does other actions such as Dash).
- Kasumi Gake is also the only move Seth can copy that deals no damage.
- Zeku is the only character where Seth can copy more than one special move.
- Necalli is the only character who’s copied move is affected by his V-Triggers.
- Some of the special moves Seth copies have him say the name of the move where the original user doesn’t such as Zangief’s Screw Piledriver.
- Seth's move on another Seth, Brutal Impact, bears a striking resemblance to Jin Saotome‘s Blodia Punch Hyper Combo from Marvel vs. Capcom.
- Due to its ability to copy moves, Seth is technically the 2nd character to use poison after attacks after F.A.N.G. as well as the 3rd character to use ice attacks after Gill and Kolin.