The move is derived from the tieshankao (貼山靠, lit. "Applying Mountain Lean"), a technique used in Hakkyokuken/Bajiquan (八極拳, lit. "Eight Extremes Fist"). It is altered through changing the first hanzi/kanji from 貼 to 鉄 (otherwise, the original Japanese reading would be "Tenzankou", while the pinyin reading would be the same).
Executed by performing a Shoryuken motion? and pressing punch, Yun perform a crouching turn-step forward and charge-leans the opponent with back of his shoulder through applying explosive force.
How far the turn-step travels, how much damage the attack does, and how much startup and recovery time the attack requires all depend on the strength of the punch button pressed: light punch turns on the spot and does the least damage, but executes and recovers almost instantaneously; heavy punch travels about two-thirds of the screen and does the most damage, but takes the longest to begin and recover; and medium punch is a balance between the two.
The EX Special version turns faster than light punch, travels the length of the screen, and hits twice for as much damage as the heavy punch version.
Each version of the attack can allow a projectile to pass safely overhead if timed correctly. The non-launching versions can be used as a pressuring frame trap or as a method of offensive reset, from which a player can either continue the attack (often via an on-hit cancel) or bait further reactions from the opponent. Likewise, the launching versions can also work for juggles.
- The Tetsuzanko was made popular by the martial arts manga Kenji, which centers around Bajiquan and various other martial arts. Several characters, including Miyako Arima (Melty Blood), Kirei Kotomine (Fate/Unlimited Codes), Akira Yuki (Virtua Fighter), Bayonetta (Platinum Games' Bayonetta series) and even the Chinese historical figure Liu Bei (via his Knights of Valour 3 portrayal) all have their own versions of this technique in their respective games.
- Miyako's version is a command normal that can be followed with an upward punch similar to the end of Yun's You Hou attack. Akira's variant is a special attack that works similarly.
- The attack dubbed as the "Body Check" in the English dub, has also made its appearance in the game Shenmue III, another IP by SEGA akin to Virtua Fighter.
- Marvel Comics superhero Iron Fist (in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3) has the same special move, dubbed as Wall of K'un-Lun.
- In the anime Blood Lad, Staz does his version of this move.
- This technique was also used as a tackling taijutsu move in the anime filler episodes of Naruto, performed by Shino Aburame.
- Lu Xun's Dynasty Warriors portrayal also has a variation of this technique as of the seventh installment of the series, named the Volcano Smash AKA Kazankou (火山靠 Kazankou?, lit. Volcano Lean) used as his Musou II attack (which unlike most variations, is completely unblockable).
- Tekken's Julia Chang uses this same style of attack in Street Fighter X Tekken. Most noticeably as part of her Super Art. Likewise, Leo Kliesen from the same series also uses attacks akin to this as her primary fighting style is Bajiquan.
- Devil May Cry character Vergil uses a similar move, in Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition, for Combo B when using the fist-based devil arm Beowulf in his Sin Devil Trigger form. Using it as a finisher to the combo, Vergil will fully extend his devil form's wings as he performs his move.
- In the anime That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime the dragon Veldora uses Akira's version of the move against Milim, with 1993's Virtua Fighter being credited.
- Due to their shared usage of Bajiquan, Karin and Akira also utilize variants of the Tetsuzanko in Orochi and Shin'Iha.
|Yun's Move List|
|Unique Attacks||Senpukyaku • Raigeki Shu • Koushu • Dakai • Ku Rensui|
|Special Attacks||Zesshou Hohou • Senkyutai • Kobokushi • Nishokyaku • Zenpou Tenshin • Tetsuzanko • Shukuchi Rimon Chochu • Renkan Shoko|
|Super Combos||Sorai Rengeki • You Hou • Hiten Souryujin • Genei Jin • Raishin Mahhaken|
|Super Arts||Tenshin Senkyutai • Sorai Rengeki • Genei Jin • You Hou|
|Ultra Combos||You Hou • Sorai Rengeki|