| stub. |
You can help the Street Fighter Wiki by expanding it.
The Wraith is a hulking and demonic contender who is described as one of the undead. This is a visual irony, as his attire leaves him more often described as resembling a priest than a wrestler. His hood, his tattered cape and his loose fitting baggy pants would all provide quick and convenient handholds for his opponents. This might be a deliberate handicap to aid a search for a difficult opponent (siding against Victor Ortega’s wrestling alliance at a time when its ranks are increasing could be another sign of this).
Another irony to his appearance is the green skin long serpentine tongue, scaly face, and employ of snakes that accent his appearance. He is described as the undead, but he appears to be a massive snake man. His alternative pallete is grey, more like a risen corpse.
With the exception of formulaic reaching attacks, Wraith will attack the player from up close, sometimes drawing gore (blood splatters) as he does so. He appears to be a glacier trope fighter, with a high emphasis on attack and stamina and little application of speed. Under no circumstances does he ever utilize any movement or technique that separates from his body (although a laughing skull made of flames is left cackling in midair after his Burning Dead technique).
- Wraith’s name was not changed in translation, while this is no different than the other characters introduced in the Slam Masters sequel, it is still a rarity amongst the game's wrestling roster as a whole.
- Wraith evokes the name of Kali, a blood-drinking Hindu goddess in his win quote.
- Wraith’s inclusion to this franchise makes it the second franchise of three that Capcom has produced to incorporate the Makai (land of spirits) from Japanese mythology, the first franchise is Ghosts 'n Goblins and the third is Darkstalkers.
- Wraith incorporates horror movie nods into his moves, win poses and other nuances. Among these is him turning way from the screen and rotating his head 180 degrees a la Pazuzu in the body of Regan MacNeil, as seen in The Exorcist.
- Like other members of the BWA, he has chains on his stage where other characters have elastic ropes. They seem to operate the same as the ropes, though.
|Slam Masters Characters|
|Saturday Night Slam Masters|| Biff · Grater · Gunloc · Haggar · Jumbo|
Oni · Rasta · Scorpion · Stingray · Titan
|Ring of Destruction||B. Widow · Ortega · Saber · Wraith|