| stub. |
You can help the Street Fighter Wiki by expanding it.
The main games' timeline Edit
The timeline of the main Street Fighter games goes in this chronological order:
- Street Fighter (1987)
- Street Fighter Alpha series (1995)
- Street Fighter II (1991)
- Street Fighter IV (2009)
- Street Fighter V (2016)
- Street Fighter III (1997)
Ancient History Edit
Beginning of Time/Genesis:
- A group of humanity's then elite, comprised of the smartest and strongest of mankind of their region, form the Secret Society.
- c.20th century BCE – Murals in tomb 15 at Beni Hasan, depicting wrestling techniques.
- c.18th century BCE – the Babylonian Gilgamesh epic includes the major hand-held weapons (sword, axe, bow and spear) used prior to the gunpowder era.
- 8th century BCE – Roughly the start of Greek Olympic Competition. Through the popularity of the Olympics, martial arts like boxing, wrestling, and pankration flourished.
- 8th century BCE – Homer's Iliad describes many scenes of hand-to-hand combat in detail.
- 6th century BCE – Ten styles of Śastravidyā said to have been created around north India and combined in Takshashila, present-day Pakistan.
- 6th century BCE - Siddartha Gautama is born as a high royal figure and a member of the Kshatriya warrior caste of the Shakya clan in India. Learning of the human condition, he would leave behind his former life to understand how to transcend the mortal world and end the cycle of suffering through spiritual pilgrimage. Upon attaining enlightenment, he would become the legendary figure known as the Buddha. His teachings would later spread throughout East and Central Asia.
- 6th century BCE - Arhat Buddhist Bodhidharma travels from his home region of Central Asia to China to spread the teachings of Buddhism. His teachings would become known as Chan Buddhism and later Zen Buddhism, being the spiritual foundations for the Shaolin Monastery and the samurai caste of Japan.
- c.4th century BCE – Indian epic poetry and the Vedas give the earliest written mention of South Asian martial arts. Boxing, wrestling, swordsmanship, archery, and the use of numerous weapons are all described in detail.
- 264 BCE – First recorded gladiatorial combat staged in Rome during the funeral of Junius Brutus.
- 12th Century AD - Taira no Kiyomori begins the earliest examples of the shogunate military oligarchy of Japan, paving wider expanses for greater social and political influence through the samurai warrior caste upon the miraculous victories over the Mongol Invasions of Japan and the establishment of the Kamakura Shogunate.
- 12th Century AD - Daoist Zhang Sanfeng is born, who would later become the pioneer of neijia or internal martial arts, focusing on understanding the dynamics of qi and the natural movement of the human body.
- 14th Century AD - The birth of Bushinryu.
- 15th Century AD - The Sengoku Jidai period begins in Japan, leading to 148 years of extreme warfare that would help flourish many later schools of classical Japanese martial arts in the future.
Modern Day History Edit
- March 10, 1921; Gen is Born
- November 3,1960; E. Honda is Born
- December 23,1960; Guile is Born
- July 21,1964; Ryu is Born
- February 14; 1965; Ken is Born
- October 31; 1965; Dee Jay is Born
- February 12; 1966; Blanka is Born
- January 27, 1967; Vega/Balrog is Born
- March 1,1968; Chun-Li is Born
- September 4; 1968; Balrog/M. Bison is Born
- April 23, 1969; Fei Long is Born
- August 15; 1980; Sean is born
- December 6; 1980; Ibuki is born
- in 1987, Mike Haggar is elected as the Mayor of Metro City and his daughter, Jessica is kidnapped by the Mad Gear Gang.
- in 1987,the World Warrior Tournament has begun and fighters from around the world to fight for title of "Champion".
- Ryu and Ken, set out on a street fight journey to become the "strongest fighter".
- Sagat loses the fight against Ryu thanks to Shoryuken and promises to take revenge.
- In 1988,"Psycho Drive", a weapon that supplies Psycho Power to the body of M.Bison inexhaustibly, operates.
- Psycho Drive is destroyed by the hands of fighters and officially Shadoloo is destroyed.
- M. Bison launches "living incubator" plan to develop new alternative body.
- Rescued by Charlie Nash, Abel, born as an Android, Nash goes missing.
- in 1991, The World Fighting Championship is held due to the shadow of Shadoloo. Aiming at the body of Ryu, a fighter who defeated M. Bison and Sagat.
- In 1994, S.I.N CEO Seth leaves from Shadoloo.
- S.I.N is destroyed.
- Coming from S.I.N, Balrog rescues and protects little boy Ed.
- Sagat separated from Shadoloo. F.A.N.G becomes one of the Four Heavenly Kings.
- Shadoloo prepares the “Black Moon Plan”. An entire neighborhood in New York is in great chaos due to strong electromagnetic waves.
- The Kanzuki family calls for the collaboration of fighters from around the world.
- The "Black Moon Plan" is crushed by the fighters, and Shadoloo is destroyed again.
- Chun-Li becomes the guardian of hacker girl Li-Fen.
- Ed leaves Balrog and forms his own organization.
- In 1997, Alex's guardian Tom is attacked by a mysterious blonde fighter.
- Chun-Li's protected girl Li-Fen is kidnapped by a secret society.
- To take revenge for the attack on Tom, Alex sets out on a journey.
- In 1998, Ibuki attends Sarusuberi University.
- Sean returns from his 1 year training to enter Pan-American Fighting Championship with Ken.
- Hugo and Poison launch new professional wrestling organization "H.W.A (Huge Wrestling Army).
- Alex travels again, this time to improve as a fighter.
Series release timeline (Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection)Edit
- The Street Fighter EX games takes place in an alternate timeline and is not canon to the main series.
- Many endings on Street Fighter Alpha 2 retcon endings on Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams, making Alpha 2 the "true" story before it's sequel.
- The year in which Final Fight takes place has changed multiple times. Originally it was 1989, then the SNES version changed to "sometime in the 1990's" and in the Sega CD manual it is 1992. As of of now, the game is set a year before Street Fighter Alpha 3.
- After the announcement of Super Street Fighter IV, the additional characters along with their profiles and age were made public. However, the age segment was taken down at a later date.
- ↑ All About Street Fighter ZERO page 011
- ↑ ""Bujin-ryu Ninjutsu" ... Its origin is said to date back about 550 years ago (1440 AD)." (「武神流忍術」・・・・・・その源流は約550年前 (西暦1440年頃)まてさかのぼるといわれる。`Bushin-ryū ninjutsu' sono genryū wa yaku 550-nen mae (seireki 1440 toshigoro) mate sakanoboru to iwa reru.)"
- ↑ Gamest Mook Vol. 81: Street Fighter III Fan Book. page 89.
- ↑ Mother, Brenda and Sean's 7-year-old brother and 6-year-old sister's family of 6(母, ブレンダとショーンの7歳上の兄と6歳上の姉の6人家族 Haha, burenda to shōn no 7-sai-jō no ani to 6-sai-jō no ane no 6-ri kazoku)
- ↑ Gamest Mook Vol. 81: Street Fighter III Fan Book. Page 89.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 All About Street Fighter ZERO3 page 65
- ↑ "A peaceful city. Wasn't it the title I got back a year ago?"(平和な街。それが1年前に取りもどした称号ではなかったのか。)
- ↑ 8.00 8.01 8.02 8.03 8.04 8.05 8.06 8.07 8.08 8.09 8.10 8.11 8.12 8.13 8.14 8.15 8.16 8.17 8.18 8.19 8.20 8.21 Street Fighter Memorial Archives Beyond the World
- ↑ (隆と拳、「最強の格闘家」を目指してストリートファイトの旅へと出発する Takashi to ken,`saikyō no kakutō-ka' o mezashite sutorītofaito no tabi e to shuppatsu suru)
- ↑ (サガット、隆に「昇龍拳」で敗れ、復響を誓う Sagatto, Takashi ni `shō ryū ken' de yabure, fuku hibiki o chikau)
- ↑ "After a few months" (数力月後 Shù lì yuè hòu) from All About Street Fighter ZERO3 page 444
- ↑ (ベガ、優れた格闘家を集めるため自ら世界中!廻る Bega, sugureta kakutō-ka o atsumeru tame mizukara sekaijū! Mawaru)
- ↑ All About Street Fighter ZERO3 page 45
- ↑ "Almost a year ago, the news of Thailand's national hero, Sagat's disappearance, ran around the country." (タイの国民的英雄、サガット失踪のニュースが国中を駆けめぐったのがほぼ1年前。)
- ↑ (ベガのボディへ無尽蔵にサイコパワーを供給する兵器、「サイコドライブ」が稼働する Bega no bodi e mujinzō ni saikopawā o kyōkyū suru heiki,`saikodoraibu' ga kadō suru)
- ↑ (格闘家たちの手によりサイコドライブが破壊され表向きはシャドルーが壊滅 Kakutō-ka-tachi no te ni yori saikodoraibu ga hakai sa re omotemuki wa shadorū ga kaimetsu)
- ↑ (ベガ、新たな代替ボディを開発する「リビング・インキュベータ」計画を発動 Bega, aratana daitai bodi o kaihatsu suru `ribingu inkyubēta' keikaku o hatsudō)
- ↑ (人造人間として生み出されたアベル、ナッシュによって救出ナッシュはその後行方不明になる Homunkurusu to shite umidasa reta Aberu, Nasshu ni yotte kyūshutsu Nasshu wa sonogo yukue fumei ni naru)
- ↑ (シャドルーの暗躍により、「世界格闘選手権」が開催。ベガ、サガットを倒した格闘家、リュウのボディを狙う Shadorū no an'yaku ni yori,`sekai kakutō senshuken' ga kaisai. Bega, sagatto o taoshita kakutō-ka, ryū no bodi o nerau)
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 T. Hawk original profile from Super Street Fighter IV.
- ↑ (S.I.N社のCEO、セスがシャドルーから離反 S. I. N-sha no CEO, Sesu ga shadorū kara rihan)
- ↑ (S.I.N社が壊減する)
- ↑ S.I.N社からバイソンによって少年エドが保護される S. I. N-sha kara baison ni yotte shōnen Edo ga hogo sa reru)
- ↑ (サガット、シャドルーより離反。四天王の座にF.A.N.Gが新たに就く Sagatto, shadorū yori rihan. Shiten'nō no za ni F. A. N. G ga arata ni tsuku)
- ↑ (シャドルー、「黒い月計画」を発動NY一帯が強烈な電磁波により大混乱にる Shadorū,`kuroi tsuki keikaku' o hatsudō NY ittai ga kyōretsuna denjiha ni yori dai konran niru)
- ↑ (神月家、世界中の格間家たちに協力を呼びかける Kōdzuki-ka, sekaijū no gōma-ka-tachi ni kyōryoku o yobikakeru)
- ↑ (格闘家たちの手により「黒い月計画」が打ち砕かれ、再びシャドルーが壊減する)
- ↑ (春麗、ハッカーの少女リーフェンの後見人となる)
- ↑ (エド、バイソンのもとを離れ独自組織を結成 Edo, baison no moto o hanare dokuji soshiki o kessei)
- ↑ (アレックスの後見人トム謎の金髪格闘家によって襲撃される Arekkusu no kōken'nin Tomu nazo no kinpatsu kakutō-ka ni yotte shūgeki sa reru)
- ↑ (春麗の保護した少女リーフェン、秘密結社に誘拐される Haruurara no hogo shita shōjo rīfen, himitsu kessha ni yūkai sa reru)
- ↑ (トムのかたきを討つため、アレックスが旅立つ Tomu no kataki o utsu tame, Arekkusu ga tabidatsu)
- ↑ "1 year since the battle to determine the best in the world," (世界の頂点を決める闘いから1年.) from ALL ABOUT Capcom Fighting Game 1987-2000
- ↑ Ibuki's Ending in Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike.
- ↑ "Master... I'm not the same person that I was a year ago!" Sean's dialogue before fighting Ken in Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike.
- ↑ "Street Fighter III 3rd Strike character introductions" (in Japanese). Archived from the original
- ↑ (ヒューゴーとポイズン、新プロレス団体「H.W.A(ヒュージ・レスリング・アーミー)」を立ち上げ Hyūgō to poizun, shin puroresu dantai `H. W. A (hyūji resuringu āmī)' o tachi age)
- ↑ (アレックス、武者修行のため再び旅に出る Arekkusu, musha shugyō no tame futatabi tabi ni deru)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.