| stub. |
You can help the Street Fighter Wiki by expanding it.
The following is a description of the Street Fighter timeline, as depicted in the series.
The main games' timeline Edit
The timeline of the main Street Fighter games goes in this chronological order:
- Street Fighter (1987)
- Street Fighter Alpha series (1995)
- Street Fighter II (1991)
- Street Fighter IV (2009)
- Street Fighter V (2016)
- Street Fighter III (1997)
Ancient History Edit
Beginning of Time/Genesis:
- c.20th century BCE – Murals in tomb 15 at Beni Hasan, depicting wrestling techniques.
- c.18th century BCE – the Babylonian Gilgamesh epic includes the major hand-held weapons (sword, axe, bow and spear) used prior to the gunpowder era.
- 8th century BCE – Roughly the start of Greek Olympic Competition. Through the popularity of the Olympics, martial arts like boxing, wrestling, and pankration flourished.
- 8th century BCE – Homer's Iliad describes many scenes of hand-to-hand combat in detail.
- 6th century BCE – Ten styles of Śastravidyā said to have been created around north India and combined in Takshashila, present-day Pakistan.
- c.4th century BCE – Indian epic poetry and the Vedas give the earliest written mention of South Asian martial arts. Boxing, wrestling, swordsmanship, archery, and the use of numerous weapons are all described in detail.
- 264 BCE – First recorded gladiatorial combat staged in Rome during the funeral of Junius Brutus.
Modern Day History Edit
- November 3,1960; E. Honda is born
- December 23,1960; Guile is born
- July 21,1964; Ryu is born
- February 14,1965; Ken is born
- October 31,1965; Dee Jay is born
- March 1,1968; Chun-Li is born
- January 6,1974; Cammy White is Born
- in 1987,the World Warrior Tournament has begun and fighters from around the world to fight for title of "Champion".
- in 1989,
- December 6, 1980 Ibuki is born.
- in 1991,M.Bison and Shadaloo host the World Warrior Tournament in Thailand.
Series release timeline (Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection)Edit
- The Street Fighter EX games takes place in an alternate timeline and is not canon to the main series.
- Many endings on Street Fighter Alpha 2 retcon endings on Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams, making Alpha 2 the "true" story before it's sequel.
- To date, no Street Fighter game has been a direct sequel of a game that is numbered before it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.