Hi, welcome to Street Fighter Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the Ruby page.
SFV profiles Edit
- Was this in reference to the Nuakan/Nakan thing? I was the one who originally changed it to "Nakan", but I changed it back since the english profiles have had some mistranlations with officially named characters (the two that come to mind are "Kyper" instead of "Khyber", and "Luke" instead of "Rook", which is the one that prompted me to change it to "Nuakan"), probably due to a full translation team not working on the profiles. I guess since "Nakan" is the only official english romanization, it'd be what the wiki would default to, though. BubbleRevolution (talk) 03:47, September 20, 2016 (UTC)
- That's entirely fair, we could probably note the translations that are odd/incorrect within the articles themselves if anything. -- Lord G. matters. Talk to me. 22:16, September 20, 2016 (UTC)
I think trivia must be improved, not deleted... I'm not able to understand the reason of the deletion of that well-written trivia... And I don't understand the "help stub" if you delete cotents offered by volunteers who aim to imptove and enrich this wikia... I'm sorry but I'm so disapponted... --GigioDelNord (talk) 20:46, October 28, 2016 (UTC)
I would not call it well-written, the whole passage is a mess that makes little sense.
- The ending is already desribed in the section above, without need of any theory.
- What does "first Lady" even mean, if you mean first female EX character then what about Blair and Pullum?
- It's complete conjecture linking the characters she defeated to facing up to "Capcom Character's Glory", what does that mean anyway?
I apoligize for you being disapointed, that's not my intent, however improving the wikia involves removing confusing content the mitigates the rest of the article.
The Ibuki Edit Edit
As far as the oro thing goes, It is not fan speculation You can see the text here (https://youtu.be/-EUh7lIrVS0?t=493)
I reworded the Guy section, All that is as far as I know from the games (part of meeting during a ninja exam I do not know about so I removed it).
- I removed the Oro thing because there's barely anything there to write about and it appears to be their only interaction, but if people want to keep it in, I won't complain. The Guy thing is completely fabricated, said picture is from their sole real interaction, a trailer with no real plot, it's like putting G and Hakan in a relationships section because they're shaking hands in one picture in his ending. As for the Mika picture, I removed it because the looping was pretty rough and I was planning to replace it with a picture of them in their default gear instead of the Monster Hunter armor. BubbleRevolution (talk) 06:25, December 13, 2018 (UTC).
- Well actually there is more detail to the oro one, I want to add later. In SF legends their battle was the reason she learned Yoritoshi. In Gem Fighter Guy was part of her ending, in which Ibuki identifies him from an enemy ninja clan. I added that detail and removed the unprovable parts. The rest about their winquotes aligns with what they say to each other. Besides there are other similar postings (such as Juri and Ryu being associated because they both like fighting, that is it really)
- For the Mika/Ibuki pic, it is fine if you want to remove the picture. I just recommend when you do it you add in what you wanted to add in. Like remove the current pic and put a new one in the same edit. It kind of does not look good when something is pulled down just like that.5'3 ninja (talk) 06:37, December 13, 2018 (UTC)
- Fair enough, I'll leave the Mika pic up until I have time to get a replacement. I'd just be sure to note where said info comes from, re: Oro and Guy, since both are outside of the main games. BubbleRevolution (talk) 06:46, December 13, 2018 (UTC)
I agree with Bubble. We should have more of Ibuki and the other female characters in their default outfits in the in-game images, not almost always in their alt. outfits, like we seem to have gotten more of these past few months, when its not really necessary outside of anything costume-related.--184.108.40.206 09:11, December 13, 2018 (UTC)
Japanese text in Roxy's SFV profileEdit
Hi, just a question. Does Roxy's JP Shadaloo CRI profile really mention anything about her being the only female in Mad Gear? Solo Joke changed it, claiming not only having used Google Translate (which imo is not the most reliable translation engine out there) but also have a friend who knows Japanese and saying the JP source doesn't mention any text like that.--220.127.116.11 15:52, February 22, 2019 (UTC)
- Nope, nothing in there about that at all, it only calls her the "flower of the Mad Gear" and says she's from the same orphanage as Poison, but doesn't like talking about her past. I did see they changed the "wasting money" line, which I personally would keep as is, but the word in question can be translated as "wasting money" or "wasting time" so it's not wrong per se. BubbleRevolution (talk) 21:56, February 22, 2019 (UTC)
- I see, its just that before it sounded like the whole 'one of the few females/only female' part was really in her profile earlier, based on these edits, but I guess the site changed it. Thanks for the answer.--18.104.22.168 05:34, February 23, 2019 (UTC)
Name of Capcom game articleEdit
Hi, this isn't exactly related to Street Fighter but I wanted to ask you about Side Arms' article name in Capcom Database. Are you sure that it is called Hyper Dyne Side Arms and not the other way around? (outside of Japan that is, I know its just called Side Arms there) I asked the admin about this but he says the only place he have seen using the Hyper Dyne part first is Wikipedia.--22.214.171.124 05:10, April 13, 2020 (UTC)
- Yeah, I'm pretty positive "Hyper Dyne" is first. It's a bit of an odd case, though; the game is fully titled as "Hyper Dyne Side Arms" in both Japan and in English, but when writing the title in Japanese, they seem to only use "Side Arms". However, every Japanese source I could find fully uses "HYPER DYNE SIDE ARMS" as the English title, in that exact format, dating back for quite some time.
- My guess is that "Side Arms: Hyper Dyne" came from MAME, and whoever set up the game in there placed the subtitles last instead of first thinking it was intended to be read that way, but everything I've found shows the opposite, I can't find a single source referring to the game as such straight from Capcom. BubbleRevolution (talk) 18:57, April 13, 2020 (UTC)
- Alright, thanks for the answer.--126.96.36.199 04:29, April 14, 2020 (UTC)