Vulcano Rosso wears black gloves with a zipped up suit that is orange, black and white, along with a red turtleneck jumper, his outfit resembling the colors of a volcano. His hairstyle is similar to Charlie Nash's, his hair is black with white streaks mixed in.
In his Shadaloo Combat Research Institute profile artwork, his appearance remains largely the same, his jumper is now a reddish shade of magenta.
In Fighting EX Layer, his outfit has minor changes, his red turtleneck becomes a midriff and no longer shows as a jumper and he gains a yellow and beige checkered tie on his neck, his zip-up suit is modified with the pallete of black, orange, white and green as the buckles in each sides are now gold and shows a red and brown inline palletes on his front and waistline of his pants within his zip-up suit showing his abs and his black shoes are replaced by leather short boots. He also has a yellow tie on his right leg from his zip-up suit.
From what has been seen, Rosso is a calm and confident person, but a raging but wounded soul is lying behind. Since the death of his lover, he has had a great desire for revenge.
Vulcano Rosso's design is most likely influenced by the manga series JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
- His design is quite outlandish (like many other characters in the JoJo series), featuring a strange hairstyle, and a costume with many zippers, similar to Bruno Bucciarati's clothes.
- It can also be argued that one of his victory stances is a strong reference to JoJo, since many of the characters are known to do poses when they reach the highlight of a chapter. V. Rosso poses more frequently in Fighting EX Layer during his pre-battle and win animations.
- His Italian nationality is reminiscent of the fifth part of JoJo, Vento Aureo, which is set in Italy and was being published at the time Street Fighter EX2 Plus was released.
- Many of his moves may be a reference to famous actions done by characters in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, including (but not limited to):
- His grab, Digestivo is most likely a reference to DIO's gut punch to Noriaki Kakyoin.
- His Meteor Combo, Quattro Panorami, is most likely a reference to DIO's battle with Jotaro Kujo, with moves like stomping repeatedly while saying "Muda!" (useless), and ending it with an explosive "Torre Pendente", like DIO's iconic "Road Roller".
- In his Fighting EX Layer appearance:
- V. Rosso says "Arrivederci!" ("Farewell!" in Italian) after performing one of his throws, which is reminiscent of Bucciarati's battle cry, "Ari Ari Ari Arrivederci!".
- In one of his win poses, he says "Hinjaku" (Japanese for "Weakling") which is a quote used by Dio Brando in the first part of JoJo, Phantom Blood.
Street fighter EX seriesEdit
A rather mysterious combatant, Vulcano Rosso is a dandy fighter born in Italy who lives on a base located somewhere on the Mediterranean Sea. Rosso was a member of a mysterious organization trying to take over Europe, but left after his lover was killed by a traitorous member. Her death caused him to develop a burning desire for revenge, it being his primary motivation for fighting.
Rosso fulfilled his vengeance, despite going against the orders from his syndicate... Yet, he was left with nothing but a feeling of great despondency over the loss of his beloved. His mind was now asleep in an ocean without light.
After a long absence, Rosso retuned to his base by the Mediterranean Sea. As he watched a flock of sea gulls playing in the southern wind, he suddenly felt an overwhelming sense of regret for all the pressure and pain he has caused. He thinks to himself, "...Adios."
Vulcano Rosso had a brief teaser in June 10, 2018 as the first DLC character to appear as a playable character. He was briefly teased once again in the last part of another trailer on July 8, 2018. He alongside Pullum Purna will be free as playable characters in the upcoming EVO 2018.
Vulcano Rosso was also mentioned in Cracker Jack's profile who is now a graduated junior lieutenant from the organization that Jack had silently left in a hot pursuit and is currently gone into hiding in America.
After graduating from the organization and prefer to start a new life as a detective for hire, he is hired by Blair Dame to find Jack before the organization does.
After he defeated Jack, Vulcano calls him as his brother and arrogantly gloats about their childhood and he needs to be honest for himself. Without warning, Jack knocks Vulcano out, sending him flying into the distance.
Vulcano's fighting style is labeled as Self-Taught Martial Arts which he incorporates both Kickboxing and Jeet Kune Do, specifically in his use of combining high-flying kicks with grabs and punches.
Vulcano's projectiles involves him using a fire matter, that resembles a volcanic eruption or a lava column, that he forms to burn his opponent serving as both his Super Combo and a Meteor Combo.
In Fighting EX Layer, he retains all of his moves from the Street Fighter EX series. His Vesuvius special attack now dealing multiple hits and other of his special attacks are now embedded with fire. His Torre pendente di Pisa is replaced with a single flash of fire pillar and his Bridge of Sighs have flaming properties when Vulcano executes his four brutal punches.
Vulcano's Super Combos as explained below involves the use of his fire elemental matter which serves as his projectile. His first Super Combo is the Bridge of Sighs where Vulcano brutally punches his opponent four times while hopping on one knee and stomping on the opponent's face to make him/her fall. His second Super Combo is the Torre pendente di Pisa Vulcano, which raises a lava column diagonally, sending his burning opponent in a farther distance. In Fighting EX Layer, the lava column was replaced with a single fire pillar in a flash to send his burning opponent.
His third Super Combo is the Terra di Achele where Vulcano utilizes a series of kicks and punches while advancing forward. His Meteor Combo is the Quattro Panorami where Vulcano grabs the enemy, and after hitting them in the stomach, he lets them fall to the ground. He stomps on the opponent's head, turns and finishes them off with a column of lava on his opponent's head.
- His special attack, Vesuvius, is named after the dangerous active volcano of the same name in Italy.
- Additionally, the name of his moves comes from cities in Italy.
- One of his win animations is similar to Vega's pre-fight animation in Street Fighter V.
- Vulcano shares three things in common with Marco Rossi from SNK's Metal Slug, they both are Italian, have similar hairstyles and their last names both have "Ross" in it.
- His Japanese voice actor Jin Yamanoi also voices Rolento in Street Fighter X Tekken and Ultra Street Fighter IV.
|Street Fighter EX Characters|
|EX||Original|| Akuma · Allen · Blair · Chun-Li · C. Jack · Darun · D. Dark · Guile|
Hokuto · Kairi · Ken · Pullum · Ryu · Skullomania · Zangief
|Plus||Bloody Hokuto · Cycloid-β · Cycloid-γ · Evil Ryu · Garuda · M. Bison|
|Plus α||Dhalsim · Sakura|
|EX2||Original||Blanka · Hayate · Nanase · Shadowgeist · Sharon · Vega|
|Plus||Area · Sagat · V. Rosso|
|EX3||Ace · Bison II|
|CPU Only||Shin-Bison · Cycloids · Zako|
|Fighting Layer Characters|
|Fighting Layer||Allen · Blair|
|Fighting EX Layer||Original||Darun · D. Dark · Garuda · Hayate · Jack · Kairi|
Sanane · Shadowgeist · Shirase · Skullomania
|Downloadable||Area · Hokuto · Pullum · Sharon · V. Rosso|